- Asset Allocation
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Process Improvement
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Management
CIB Controls- APAC Controls Office – Project Manager- Vice President - Hong Kong / Singapore
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-One Island East / 31141
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment and Corporate Banking, Financial Services for consumers, small businesses and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
Team and Role Description
There is an exciting opportunity to join the regional Central Controls and Initiatives Execution Team as a Project Manager on the Critical Initiatives pipeline of projects. The Central Controls and Initiatives Execution Team (about 40 FTE) is part of the Asia CIB Controls Office which drives the Controls agenda across the firm in the region in close partnership with regional and global teams including Lines of Business, Operations, Compliance, all Risk functions, Senior Country Business Managers and other Corporate functions.
The successful candidate will be a VP with a proven track record in project management, stakeholder management and process improvement, will report into the Critical Initiatives Lead and work closely with the global teams as well as senior leaders in the region across Legal, Compliance, Risk, Finance, Audit, HR, Technology, Operations and Business Control Officers.
- Regional Project/Program Management, including delivery (where required) for the assigned program or sub-program
- Maintain a strong project governance structure and process to ensure accurate and timely reporting as well as effective and efficient delivery of the assigned program or sub-program
- Partner closely with various JPM groups and participants in the program/s to ensure that responsibilities for delivering on the program deliverables are well understood
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key regional stakeholders as well as stakeholders in the assigned program or sub-program and ensure that all necessary parties are well informed and engaged appropriately
- Effectively execute approved recommendations with partnership from business and product/platform partners
- Support the communication strategy throughout the project to ensure senior management is aware of milestones and overall project status – support working group meetings, agendas, meeting materials, minutes and ensuring clear ownership of actions
Promotes an enhance awareness of Controls Office programs in the region
- Partners with technology to ensure design and build requirements meet business needs
- Support other ad hoc activities outside projects as required
- Demonstrated success in bringing initiatives to timely closure
- Strategic thinking coupled with practical execution
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to establish and communicate to all levels
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with business partners and senior stakeholders, fostering partnerships quickly across multiple disciplines and functions
- Ability to anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to achieve results
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization
- Experienced in business projects
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely and communicate effectively and comfortably with senior management
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to apply critical thinking and logical/structured framework to situations such as business case development and issue resolution
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint experience
The role will be based in either Hong Kong or Singapore.