CIB - Asia Credit Exotics - Analyst - Hong Kong
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Chater House / 03761
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. you will help senior traders cover institutional accounts and make markets in your group's particular range of products. You will assist the senior traders in managing risk, liquidity and exposure and you may support all aspects of the trading desk: pre-trade analysis, research on index constituent changes, inbound and outbound trade processing and the design of optimal strategies for large trades. Tracking supply and demand, you constantly evaluate market developments in order to give clients accurate product information. You may be placed in a commodity, credit, equity, fixed income, or foreign exchange product group.
Supporting the day to day client requests and needs.
Understand market drivers (of those markets in which involved), market moves, and the numbers behind it all, as well as cross-asset implications
Independently resolve P&L reconciliation on issues
Ensure all relevant parties (vertically and horizontally) are kept abreast of key developments; Provide a solution-based framework to business practice and clients; Take the initiative to make things better
Cultivate an appreciation of balance between revenue generation and building a client franchise
Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades
Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies
Build foundation of trust with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs and being responsive
Assist with the post trade process by ensuring the accuracy of all entries and to ensure internal controls are followed
Proactively share information, knowledge and ideas that help others succeed
Play an active role in training and developing juniors; Take a leading role in people initiatives (recruiting, mentoring, training)
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Experience working within an investment bank
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to book trades and the implications of improper trade booking on P&L
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to calculate and reconcile and which factors impact it; You should be able to resolve P&L reconciliation issues with little guidance
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of fundamental and technical aspects of product(s) traded and support area functions of respective products
- Demonstrable proficiency with market and product lingo. Well versed in the quantitative nature and framework of own product (e.g., pricing, models, etc).
- Ability to discuss in detail your knowledge of the direct costs of "doing business" along the transaction lifecycle;
- Understands the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk.
- Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements.
- Understands transaction cycle and the steps in the process and is execution oriented.
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
- English fluency is essential
- Mandarin Fluency would be an advantage
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Client Management
- Fixed Income
- Internal Control