Chief Investment Office and Treasury - Corporate Treasury Middle Office – Associate – Hong Kong
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Chater House / 03761
The Corporate Treasury Middle Office team (CTMO) is responsible for the key functions of Liquidity Analytics and Reporting, Interest Rate Risk Reporting and Funds Transfer Pricing. The team is responsible for the production of key Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk analytics and reports provided both externally & internally, including senior management, board and regulators. The team oversees the execution of the control agenda and operating model supporting the data flow from the various line of business (LOBs) into the liquidity risk reporting system (Liquidity Risk Infrastructure (LRI) and ultimately feeding into various Liquidity and Interest Rate risk analytical tools and reports.
In partnership with the various LOBs, Corporate Treasury and Risk Oversight, the team executes key controls, analytics and metrics to validate Liquidity and Interest rate Risk at the Legal Entity, Currency, LOB, and Product levels.
This position will be initially focused on, but not limited to liquidity analysis, data analytics and reporting that supports the team's responsibilities detailed above. Liquidity analysis and reporting focuses on:
· Ongoing analysis of the firm’s and APAC Legal Entity (LE) liquidity position, developing reporting and analytics to assess impact of business decisions on firm’s and LE liquidity position
· Partner with key stakeholders including Liquidity Risk Oversight, Liquidity and Balance Sheet Management teams, Treasurers and Senior Management by running regular analytics and reporting to calculate, monitor and track liquidity measures, incorporating regulatory and internal liquidity stress scenarios
· Develop the full suite liquidity analytics for different lines of business and legal entities and incorporate currency impacts
· Partner with Liquidity Risk Oversight and Liquidity and Balance Sheet Management groups to analyze and communicate the impact of regulatory changes
· Monitor data flows on an ongoing basis between LRI through to final reports and serve as the control point for significant variances and impacts in the liquidity reporting
· Generate complex stress testing, regular liquidity MIS reports and other ad hoc liquidity analytics
There will be involvement on Interest Rate Risk and/or Funds Transfer Pricing as well when the team starts touching on supporting these areas in the near future
The position offers a good opportunity to be the focal point for all firm-wide and LE liquidity analytics and good visibility into all the LOBs across the bank. It provides a unique opportunity to understand firm-wide and LE liquidity initiatives as well as macro industry changes in the liquidity space. There is extensive interaction and communication with colleagues within the various lines of business, Treasury, Risk, Finance, senior management and other corporate functions. There is also significant visibility to senior management, as the team's analyses and reports are regularly presented to senior management, governance committees and regulators.
The team also frequently develops ad-hoc analyses for specific regulatory initiatives and senior management requests for data and analytics.
· Develop an in-depth understanding of liquidity analytics and liquidity risk as well as internal liquidity stress scenarios and their impact on JPMC and underlying legal entities globally
· Lead team efforts to provide liquidity ratio calculations and analysis using advanced liquidity analytics and data analysis tools, interpreting and assessing the implications of regulatory changes and underlying business changes, to enable senior management to evaluate the bank’s liquidity position and risk on an ongoing basis
· Interact with the LOBs and other Corporate areas in order to obtain, understand, analyze with respect to liquidity risks and corresponding firm-wide and LE impacts
· Prepare liquidity stress scenarios, provide variance analysis to identify liquidity risks and drivers
· Manage and enhance liquidity stress tests to incorporate stressed capital impacts, legal entity views, intraday liquidity needs, and currency risk
· Lead and participate in ad-hoc high impact initiatives and projects as needed for senior management or regulatory initiatives
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced financial analytics and data analysis skills
- Expertise in analyzing large data sets to assess financial trends, assess data quality, run data queries and diagnostics and ability to synthesize and visualize data
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel, Access, macros, pivot tables etc.
- 4-5 years experience in financial analysis or risk management strongly preferred
- Experience in Treasury / investment operations or other Treasury / Funding related areas a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with various stakeholders and lead high impact initiatives independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, confidence and ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to different stakeholders including senior management
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and execute effectively
- Focused work ethic, good business sense, and demonstrated initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Experience in managing junior members of the team a plus
- Balance Sheets
- Data Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Risk Management
- Stress testing