Chief Investment Office and Treasury Asia Finance - Location Controller - Associate - Hong Kong
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-One Island East / 31141
Business Unit description
The Chief Investment Office (CIO) is a corporate function with the core mandate to manage the Firm’s structural interest rate and FX risks and conservatively invest the Firm’s liquidity.
The CIO manages structural interest rate risk within an Asset Liability Management (ALM) framework that primarily utilises investment securities and interest rate derivatives as tools to manage the Firm’s asset-liability mismatch.
Asia CIO uses FX products to manage structural FX risk.
Treasury is a corporate function responsible for measuring and managing the Firm’s funding and liquidity risk and establishing appropriate funds transfer pricing methodologies.
Details of the role
Based in Hong Kong, this opportunity is to join the Financial Controllers team that supports financial controls and regulatory reporting across Asia Pacific for both the CIO and Treasury functions within the broader CIO & Treasury Asia Finance team.
Key member of the team performing the front-to-back month end close and financial reporting.
Interaction with Head Office, Portfolio Managers and Middle Office to explain, investigate and resolve Balance Sheet and P&L variances on a regular basis.
Prepare and monitor regular reconciliations between Front Office/Back Office platforms against ledgers.
Understand the end-to-end process, operational workflow and controls for the different products being utilised by both CIO and Treasury functions.
Understand and monitor the funding calculation to ensure that the proper funding cost / allocations are being posted for both Treasury and CIO.
Monthly general ledger certification and substantiation of specific financial accounts.
Participation in the implementation and final testing of new systems, products and initiatives.
- University Graduate and/or Qualified accountant
- 3-5 years relevant working experience (e.g. Financial Institution or Accounting Firm).
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, high level of numeracy and a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Strong personality with good oral and written communication skills
- Being able to work independently without detailed guidance and being able to be an active team player to contribute.
- Recognition of the business' and team's requirements and the willingness to step outside your "job description".
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills as priorities will frequently change while deadlines must be met.
- Strong control mindset and understanding of the basic control environment.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and major general ledger applications.
- Asset Liability Management
- Balance Sheets
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- General Ledger
- Interest Rate Derivatives
- Microsoft Excel
- Regulatory Reporting
- Transfer Pricing