- Asset Allocation
- Due Diligence
- Interest Rate Derivatives
- Market Risk
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Management
- Risk Reporting
- Stress testing
- Value at Risk
Associate - Market Risk, Chief Investment Office and Corporate Treasury (CTC) – Hong Kong
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Chater House / 03761
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The Chief Investment Office and Corporate Treasury business (CTC) is a global business and cross asset-class manager for JPMorgan Chase (the "Firm") as a whole. Sitting within the Corporate segment of the Firm, CTC: i) manages all of the Firm's structural interest rate and foreign exchange risk, and ii) invests the Firm's capital opportunistically across various market sectors in compliance with local and global regulatory requirements.
Risk Management is an independent risk group within CTC, overseen by the Firm’s Chief Risk Officer. The team works globally to identify measure, monitor and control market, credit, and other business risks for CTC. Risk Management seeks to ensure that the business risk profile is transparent to senior management and regulators. Risk Management staff has regular dialogue with the portfolio managers, finance, and operations teams regarding risk appetite, risk limits and individual large and complex transactions.
The group has teams aligned to each region and works closely with the Portfolio Managers, CFOs, Middle Office and Market Risk Reporting teams(s) to ensure a complete understanding of business issues.
The successful candidate will work in the Risk Management team in Hong Kong, supporting traders across 13 locations in Asia covering both Developed Markets & Emerging Markets. Products include securities, FX and interest rate derivatives and other money-market instruments.
The Risk Management analyst will use the various risk measures used to understand the risk profile of the portfolio, specifically Value At Risk (VAR), Stress testing, non-statistical, and qualitative risk assessments. The analyst will further be responsible to improve the systems and infrastructure used to examine CTC risk. It is expected that the analyst will have strong technical skills in Excel, Access, VBA, Bloomberg to help automate periodic risk reports and analyses.
- Daily reporting and monitoring of market risk positions - with the aim to identify material risk exposures and concentrations. Due diligence and attention to detail is critical.
- Conduct ad hoc risk analysis, develop improvements of daily risk reports, and VaR and Stress analysis tools
- Monitor risk exposures, understand the factors that drive the risk and P&L on the books, follow market movement/activities affecting positions, highlight and discuss risk changes and top risks
- Keep track of market developments/moves vis-à-vis business risks
- Improve risk transparency, methodologies and reports by conducting deep-dives on various basis risks, curve risks, specific structure risks etc.
- Coordinate with Traders, MO, CFO and Technology on projects relating to risk reporting
- Interact extensively with technology support teams relating to methodology and infrastructure changes and improvements
- Minimum Bachelors degree; 5+ years financial industry working experience is required.
- Expert Excel Access skills. Ability to learn how to use core business and risk systems, familiarity with VBA
- Existing knowledge of financial markets and interest rate, FX & credit products in general
- Strong written and spoken communication skills. Must be able to converse with a wide variety of groups
- Self-motivated, diligent, strong sense of accountability and good at following up on issues
- Strong analytical skills; basic understanding of concepts relating to risks, P&L explain, VaR and stress testing
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
- Strong team player
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|