- Due Diligence
- Interest Rate Derivatives
- Internal Control
- Market Risk
- Microsoft Excel
- Project Management
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Management
- Stress testing
- Value at Risk
Associate - Market Risk, Chief Investment Office and Corporate Treasury (CTC) – Hong Kong
JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
The Chief Investment Office and Corporate Treasury business (CTC) is a global business and cross asset-class manager for JPMorgan Chase (the "Firm") as a whole. Sitting within the Corporate segment of the Firm, CTC manages all of the Firm's structural interest rate and foreign exchange risk, and invests the Firm's capital opportunistically across various market sectors in compliance with local and global regulatory requirements.
Risk Management is an independent risk group within CTC, overseen by the Firm’s Chief Risk Officer. The team works globally to identify measure, monitor and control market, credit, and other business risks for CTC. Risk Management seeks to ensure that the business risk profile is transparent to senior management and regulators. Risk Management staff has regular dialogue with the portfolio managers, finance, and operations teams regarding risk appetite, risk limits and individual large and complex transactions.
The group has teams aligned to each region and works closely with the Portfolio Managers, CFOs, Middle Office and Market Risk Reporting teams(s) to ensure a complete understanding of business issues.
The successful candidate will work in the Risk Management team in Hong Kong, supporting Portfolio Managers across 13 locations in Asia covering both Developed Markets & Emerging Markets, with potential for taking part into cross-line of business projects. Products include securities, FX and interest rate derivatives and other money-market instruments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Daily reporting and monitoring of market risk positions and limits - with the aim to identify material risk exposures and concentrations. Due diligence and attention to detail is critical.
- Perform pre-trade review of major transactions.
- Improve risk transparency, methodologies and reports by conducting deep-dives on various risks
- Conduct ad hoc risk analysis, improve current risk tools as well develop new ones that will help in the risk monitoring & analysis of the portfolio.
- Monitor risk exposures, understand the factors that drive risk and P&L on the books, follow market movement/activities affecting positions, highlight and discuss risk changes and top risks.
- Coordinate and work with trading, business management, Valuation Control Group, Quantitative Research, Structuring, Model Governance Group, and Regulatory Risk on projects relating to Market Risk.
- Design & Perform Scenario analysis and stress testing.
- Supporting other projects adhering to regulatory and internal control deliverables and guidelines.
- Respond to urgent ad-hoc requests from senior management.
- Minimum 3 years experience in risk management or related areas
- Existing knowledge of financial markets and interest rate, FX & credit products in general
- Strong analytical skills; basic understanding of concepts relating to risks, P&L explain, VaR and stress testing
- Strong project management skills, ability to gain consensus among staff and drive initiatives to completion effectively.
- Self-motivated, diligent, strong sense of accountability and good at following up on issues
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
- Strong written and spoken communication skills. Must be able to converse with a wide variety of groups
- Expert Excel skills. Ability to learn how to use core business and risk systems
- An undergraduate degree is required. A professional qualification such as CFA or FRM is a plus.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||Certified Financial Risk Manager (FRM), CFA Level III / CFA Charterholder|