- Application Development
- Asset Management
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
- Software Development
Asset Management, Machine Learning Engineer, Associate
Business Area Description:
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (AM) is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors and institutions. As one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world, we provide global market insights and a range of investment capabilities that few other firms can match.
The AM Architecture organization provides Technology and Architecture support covering the following areas.
· Architecture & Strategy
· Application Security
· Technical Consultation
· Drive Innovation
The Architecture group develops toolkits and architecture patterns, provides specific guidance and recommendations, and establishes architectural standards and practices, designed to improve the quality and resiliency of the applications we build or acquire from 3rd-parties. The team works closely with stakeholders on various teams including: Application Development, Technology Control Office, Infrastructure, Application Service Delivery, and Audit to ensure technology are managed effectively and efficiently.
This Machine Learning Engineer role is aligned to the Asset Management line of business. The role will drive the adoption of Machine Learning on different technology portfolios and processes across Asset Management. As a Machine Learning engineer, you are at the forefront of advancing our core artificial intelligence efforts, building solutions powered by big data architecture, state of the art machine learning, and cloud native microservices architecture. The role will report to the technology architecture team, and work closely with technology control office and application development teams to execute the vision of enhancing the line of business with various machine learning solutions.
- Apply appropriate machine learning techniques to new or existing business problems for Asset Management line of business.
- Knowledge representation, articulation and visualization
- Drive consistency in standards, best practices, reusable application building blocks.
- Derive the strategic target state as well as transition states to deliver in agile fashion.
- Conduct periodic engagement and knowledge sharing forums with technology teams and various SMEs about the best practices and trends of machine learning technologies
- Participate in technology strategy discussions to understand future technology drivers, machine learning frameworks and engage corporate teams to deliver appropriate solutions to address potential gaps.
- University degree in Mathematics, Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Strong coding skill in Python/Java/Scala.
- Knowledge of Classification, Regression, Clustering, Cross Validation and Optimization
- Hands-on experience on machine learning frameworks such as Keras, Tensorflow or Theano will be an advantage.
- Experience in applying machine learning technologies in real-life business projects is highly desirable.
- Familiar with Agile development and Continuous Integration and Delivery using tools Git, JIRA, Sonar and Jenkins is a definite plus.
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaborating in a team environment utilizing Agile as the software development practice.
- Hands-on experience on private/public cloud (e.g. Cloud Foundry / AWS), microservices architecture, DevOps is a definite advantage
- Excellent communication skills to articulate complex concept into layman terms to the business.
- Good Influencing skills, with demonstrable ability to debate issues, stand firm on principles yet remain sensitive to business/technology drivers.
- Highly motivated, comfortable taking the initiative and able to work collaboratively.
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.