- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Product Design
- Product Development
PRODUCT DESIGNER – US seasonal/tabletop/home decoration/ornament buying office/importer
Location: Within Hong Kong
US importer & buying office of seasonal and christmas items like ornaments, tabletop decoration, wall decoration & related holiday decoration etc focus in US market mainly US retailers like Walmart, Lowes etc – we are looking for a PRODUCT DESIGNER to work in the Product Development Department – with details as follows :
- Design studies with over 2 years product design experience
- Must be strong both creatively and artistically.
- Must possess both technical and practical design skills.
- The ability to deliver innovation in design, product format and function.
- Have an aptitude and awareness of style trends in holiday, home décor, and pop culture.
- Beneficial to have a working knowledge of materials and production methods for manufacturing products listed above.
- Candidate must have demonstrated proficiency in digital rendering utilizing Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop; An advantage if proficient in 3D CAD software such as Solidworks
- Will need to have solid hand drawing skills.
- Must be able to present ideas to internal team members as well as customers.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese/Mandarin.
- Experience in US companies/US retailer market is a plus
- The Product Designer is a member of the Product Development Department
- Responsible for creating trend-right and customer-focused seasonal / holiday products. Some of the types of products designed are ornaments, tabletop/wall décor, stockings and related holiday decorations.
- This role provides opportunities to invoke creative products through innovation and trends but also requires an ability to shift into providing specific output as directed by the customer.
- Maintain an awareness of current market trends in holiday product as well as home decor and incorporate this knowledge into successful new designs.
- Coordinate with Product Managers to understand and address requirements for customers, pricing, construction processes and materials.
- Engage in ongoing research and development of new inspiration and ideas utilizing relevant new finishes, colors, materials and new lighting technology.
- Develop a working knowledge of materials and production methods for manufacturing products listed above.
- Conceptualize by applying creativity and originality in both group and individual brainstorming/sketching sessions to generate new ideas.
- Execute final art for presentation to the buyers and prepare art with necessary specifications of color, material, scale & function for construction by factory vendors.
- Reviewing and revising the design of factory samples to conform to specifications and cost
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|