- Customer Service
- Facilities Management
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management
- Staff Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Succession Planning
- Team Management
- User Experience Design
Hong Kong/Greater China Operations Manager
Corporate Solutions (Integrated Facilities Management) – APAC/Hong Kong
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Located in Hong Kong, the HK/Greater China Operations Manager is both the operational lead of the Hong Kong portfolio and also the manager of the Greater China and Taiwan country teams. This position is responsible to provide outstanding client service by leading, monitoring and controlling all portfolio activity, with a focus on site operations, service contracts, sourcing, procurement, financial and team management. This role will also act as the single point of contact for the client on operational matters and support Regional initiatives by driving consistent implementation and delivery. The key aspect of this role is superior client relationship management, interfacing not only with JLL’s direct client (JPMC Global Real Estate), but also with the lines of business, understanding their needs and acting as the go to resource for all facility related services.
The immediate scope of this role is Hong Kong (JPMC Regional Hub), Greater China and Taiwan; this may expand over time to cover Korea and Japan for the right candidate.
- Client/Stakeholder Management (in direct support of the Regional Operations Director)
- Pro-actively develop and manage Client relationships ensuring that expected service levels are achieved
- Comply with all requirements of the Client contract and meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators
- Deliver an exceptional quality of service to the Client, as reflected by Client feedback
- Leadership / Staff Management
- Actively encourage an environment that supports teamwork, co-operation, performance excellence and personal success
- Proactively manage the country leads and Account staff
- Develop the team through performance assessments and training, managing staff workload through correct resourcing and developing a succession plan for key team members and on-site Vendors
- Operations Management
- Ensure the deliver of all operational requirements as per the client scope of works across the sub-region.
- Develop and implement operational procedures and performance measures to ensure simplification and accuracy of work methods, reliability of systems and consistency across the hub/countries
- Work with the respective country leads and site teams to address specific operational issues
- Support Regional initiatives such as user experience programs, JLL system roll-outs, regional training programs/workshops and other initiatives as appropriate, through driving implementation and consistency across the Region
- Drive Client specific initiatives such technology roll-outs, benchmarking, best practices etc.
- Actively work closely with the Regional Finance Manager, Regional Operations Director and Regional Performance Analyst to ensure that all site financial operations are meeting or exceeding targets and financial processes as well as controls are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure compliance with JLL and client Health, Safety, Environment and Risk Management policies and procedures
- Ensure data integrity of all systems across the Region and perform audits from time to time
- Oversee and monitor SLA/KPI performance across the sub region and support hub/countries to address issues and ensure they are meeting or exceeding target scores
- Generate reports and conduct presentations as per the service delivery requirements and overall account management.
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Able to adapt in a fast-paced working environment and versatile in meeting client changing needs and requirements
- Strong analytical, organization and administration skills
- A minimum of 10 years in the facility management industry.
- An added benefit would be a Bachelor’s degree in facilities management, building, business or other related field; however this is not a must.
- Experience in Asia Pacific is desired, specifically Hong Kong and Greater China
Critical Competencies for Success (with corresponding ‘I am JLL behaviours’)
- Client Focus & Relationship Management – ‘I Value my Customers’
- Demonstrates proactive & professional approach to customer service and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to interact with a wide range of client staff, including senior levels
- Ability to manage conflict and balance between client and firm requirements
- Has a customer service oriented attitude
- People Management and Team Leadership – ‘I am a Team Player’
- Ability to lead team effectively, train them well and promote open, constructive and collaborative relationships at all levels
- Program Management & Organizational Skills – ‘I am Proactive’
- Excellent planning & organizational skills to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to manage multiple and complex operational matters on a daily basis
- Problem Solving & Strategic Thinking – ‘I am Innovative’
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity and solve complex problems effectively
- Analytical, proven ability to solve problems using a quantitative approach
- Proven ability to employ holistic approaches and looks at long term solutions
Other Personal Characteristics
- Self-motivated and confident
- Exhibits honesty & trustworthiness
- Open to new ideas & willing to challenge status quo
- Works well with diverse teams from various countries/cultures
TBD (Circa 5)
Regional Operations Director