[Janssen] - Communications Full-Time Intern, R&D and Innovation Communication, Asia Pacific
Location: Asia Pacific-China-Hong Kong S.A.R.-Mongkok
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
- Division/Department: J&J Innovation, Global Health & Science Policy Communication
- Scope: Global with a focus on Asia Pacific and key regional countries, primarily Mainland China, Japan, and Australia.
- Location: Any Asia Pacific location (but preferably co-located with regional communication team leader currently based in Hong Kong)
- Support Johnson & Johnson’s Global R&D and Innovation Communication & Public Affairs teams by coordinating the develop and activation of a global J&J Innovation and R&D narrative.
- Asia Pacific R&D and Innovation Communication team in shaping and executing a comprehensive, integrated regional R&D and Innovation communication strategy for Johnson & Johnson in Asia Pacific.
- Support the coordination of communications output and execution for Asia Pacific Medical Sciences, China R&D and Medical Affairs, Japan Medical Organization, and Asia Pacific Innovation Center.
RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPAL DUTIES (Essential Functions)
- Support the development, implementation, and management of an integrated Global Communications narrative and activation plan for Johnson & Johnson Innovation while assisting its implementation through Johnson & Johnson Innovation Centers and JLABs.
- Develop and execute an Asia Pacific Communication and Public Affairs strategy, with a prioritized focus on China R&D and Medical Affairs activities in Beijing and Shanghai and the Japan Medical Organization in Tokyo as the key components of Asia Pacific Medical Sciences.
- Help drive the Johnson & Johnson Innovation agenda across the enterprise by integrating the strategies, narratives and plans across a broad spectrum of innovation priorities including—
o R&D and Medical Affairs in the Company’s three sectors (pharmaceuticals, consumer, and medical devices)
o Asia Pacific Innovation Center (based in Shanghai) and other J&J Innovation offices in Sydney and Singapore),
o Global Public Health and Scientific Policy
- Help develop and activate a unified Asia Pacific agenda and narrative for enterprise innovation through key strategic events in the region.
o Support the launch and management of comprehensive efforts to broaden awareness of J&J as a leading, innovation powerhouse bringing innovative, high quality healthcare solutions to patients
o Develop and drive initiatives and multi-media materials that enhance reputation among key audiences by differentiating J&J as a company that puts the interest of patients at the center of its innovation agenda.
o Build new reputation equity for J&J as an engine that powers science and technology – both internally and externally – to become the #1 partner of choice.
o Build an innovation communication framework for use by non-R&D functions to in support of their business objectives
- Support the development and roll-out of a strong platform for senior global, regional and local R&D leaders with a particular focus on Mainland China and Japan.
- Work closely with commercial communicators in the relevant markets to create a unified strategy and with the global therapeutic area communications leads to ensure alignment across brands.
- Support the Asia Pacific R&D and Innovation Communications team with the following other externally focused activities:
o Development of key messages for use in media and investor relations and by media spokesperson and liaison with Investor Relations and Corporate Communications.
o Identification and development of strategies and messaging for, and management of issues, including issues arising from the brands, the therapeutic areas and public policy, including liaising with legal, commercial, new business development, supply chain, Corporate Communication, Investor Relations, L&A partners
o Management of partner press releases announcing new business deals or milestones in the region, collaborating closely with Business Development, the APAC Innovation Center communications lead, Investor Relations and Corporate Media Relations to develop an integrated communication strategy related to these developments.
o Roll out executive-level influence-building campaigns – focused on key regional JNJ leaders and third parties – to build relationships and authority among key influencers and policy leaders across scientific, global health, public policy and academic communities.
o Launch of an integrated
enterprise-level communications program that positions the J&J innovation
centers as a cornerstone of our overall innovation strategy and leverages
regional successes to amplify global dialog and reputation on an ongoing basis.
Identify key factors driving scientific and innovation reputation and
perception among regional external scientific audiences.
- Support the Asia Pacific R&D and Innovation Communications team with the following other internally focused responsibilities:
o Promotion of employee knowledge and understanding of, and engagement with, the strategic vision of J&J innovation. Showcasing and highlighting R&D success, collaboration and talent across the enterprise.
o Development and execution of internal communication strategies for Asia Pacific Medical Sciences, particularly for China R&D and Medical Affairs and Japan Medical Organization, to engage employees and heighten their level of understanding and engagement in the TA’s strategic priorities. Manage regular newsletter contributions, an intranet site, regular town halls, and various further internal initiatives.
o Partnership with Human Resources and membership of respective Senior Leadership Teams on strategies and tactics to engage employees.
o Create strategies and materials that convey the Asia Pacific story to all of R&D, Janssen, Johnson & Johnson and beyond.
- Partner with the R&D and Innovation Associate Communications Manger to manage the completion of select team administrative tasks related to finance and travel processes.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business or a related discipline is preferred.
- Exceptional native written and oral English-language skills and strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interface with executives and staff is required.
- Ability to speak fluent written and oral Japanese or Mandarin-language skills is preferred.
- Must have a strong track record of collaboration and strong personal leadership skills.
Please see above
- Corporate Communications
- Investor Relations
- Research and Development