Director, Configuration Management & Service Delivery Automation
Location: North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Director, Configuration Management & Service Delivery Automation in the GTS Service Operations group.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This individual will own and direct the management of CMDB ensure its accuracy, guide the governance structure that defines how the configuration items can be changed and oversee the service delivery tools supporting operations. A key aspect is of role is to lead the management of monitoring and systems management solutions. The primary location for this role is Raritan, NJ. Candidates that can work out of any J&J site globally will also be considered. The position requires up to 25% travel globally.
- Serve as the Global Process Owner responsible for adherence to Configuration Management Processes and Policies, developing and documenting relevant procedures for process and CMS tool operation
- Identify, control, record, report, audit and verify service assets and configuration items including versions, baselines, components, attributes and relationships
- Ensure that all changes to Configuration items are reflected in the CMDB and only authorized components are used in the services and infrastructure
- Minimize the number of quality and compliance issues caused by improper configuration of services
- Identification and Implementation of continuous improvements to drive accuracy and utilization of CMDB, partnering with CI Domain Owners and Technical Application Owners (TAO) to ensure completeness and accuracy of CMDB attributes and relationships
- Evaluate the requirements for proposed changes to Configuration Management System (CMS) and partner with end user and operations group to ensure the development, delivery and implementation of changes
- Support operations by assessing impact of a CI failure by readily identifying the services that it supports
- People Management of Configuration Management team and external contractors
- Provide operational information, as well as warnings and exceptions, to aid automation
- Manage the operational support and oversee remediation activities with designated extended managed service providers
- Support continual service improvement activities of service assurance and reporting and service improvement by leveraging predictive analytics
- Team Management