- Supply Chain Management
2017 Internship - Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP), Internship - Asia Pacific
Location: Asia Pacific
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 128,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Procurement is strategically integrated in the Supply Chain as a key driver of business value – our organization’s vision is “Enabling growth. For, with, and through the business.” Johnson & Johnson spends approximately $30B annually across the globe on goods and services. Our professionals work as highly-respected partners internally and externally to create and implement strategies and processes that support the business in bringing important health and personal care solutions to people around the world.
Procurement leverages the supplier base as a source of innovation by developing closer and more collaborative relationships, and strongly supports sustainability and supplier diversity on behalf of Johnson & Johnson. These innovative solutions are facilitated by Procurement through key capabilities, including category management; supplier management; and processes & technology management in order to ultimately create value, mitigate risk, and ensure an efficient partner experience. Johnson & Johnson Procurement considers people and talent as critical to achieving its vision.
The Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP) Internship is a 10-12 week program that encompasses functional & professional development, as well as completion of challenging project(s) that deals with strategic business initiatives. Interns will have a formal mentor and may participate in organized activities, including sector immersion events, leadership training, and local community service projects to understand the company culture and career opportunities.
Examples of the types of roles and responsibilities the PLDP Intern might include (but are not limited to):
· Research and analytics for category strategy development;
· Project Team Lead or Team Member for a major value initiative (ex: sourcing event);
· Development of best practices, processes, and tools;
· Operating Company-specific projects for developing and implementing strategies to drive significant value.
Upon completion of a successful PLDP internship experience, Interns will be considered for full-time positions in our Procurement Leadership Development Program. The PLDP is a 2-year, non-rotational program leadership program for top external MBA hires, and includes both functional & leadership training, senior mentorship, formal leadership assessment & coaching, numerous networking opportunities, and culminates in a year-long “capstone” project in support of a key business challenge. Decisions for full-time positions will be made based on internship performance and business need.
We welcome the opportunity to share how our small-company environments, combined with our big-company impact, can open the door to a world of career opportunities for you.
· Must be a current graduate student completing his/her MBA or graduate degree by July 2018.
· Minimum of 3 years business or military experience is strongly preferred.
· Must have excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (both oral and written) – within all levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities are essential.
· Strong project management, analytics, and problem-solving skills are strongly preferred.
· Requires the ability to think strategically and creatively, to thrive in ambiguity, and to deliver results.
· Relevant course work in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics is highly preferred.
· Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English and the language(s) where the position is located, and be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship) in the country where the job is located.
Position locations are determined by business needs and may be available at various Johnson & Johnson operating companies located across the region. Potential location is China.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.