Technical Consultant – Database (MS SQL)
Location: Hong Kong
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share technical expertise, providing mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Effectively administer and monitor the enterprise SQL database environment.
- Work closely with senior leaders to maintain and improve SQL Servers and SQL based applications.
- Assist in creating and supporting development, test, and production environments.
- University graduate with over 5+ years in MS SQL Server Administration experience
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting & Integration Services
- Experience working with Windows Server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCSE, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Exposure to other relational database technologies are preferable (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, etc.)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Relational Databases