Senior Manager, Change Management and Delivery - HSBC Securities Services
Location: Asia Pacific-Hong Kong-Kowloon-Tai Kok Tsui
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Manager, Change Management and Delivery
- Responsible for on-boarding new business and servicing change requirements of existing clients in the Asia Pacific region.
- Lead the platform and product development work stream of the client on-boarding programme that involves the on-boarding of an Asset Managers clients business in Hong Kong and Taiwan markets supporting multiple products, accounting, middle office and transfer agency.
- Design and recommend product development enhancements of the programme relating to the fund accounting requirements in conjunction with the platform lead, vendor and client.
- Manage all new build requirements, scheduling, and prioritisation and represent and manage the plan to deliver a number of complex changes needed to the fund accounting platform Multifonds. Changes will also be expected across components of the architecture supported by HSBC Securities Services Information Technology and Change Management & Delivery platform teams.
- Lead and drive the respective build initiatives, mange scheduling conflicts, priorities and interdependencies whilst ensuring all requirements are fit for purpose and will meet the needs of the client and the HSBC Securities Services business users.
- Be the subject matter expert on the Multifonds vendor platform and have fund accounting expertise to be able to validate solution design, review and approve Business Requirements Documents and Functional Requirements Documents.
- Develop and maintain a network with external teams including Custody, Treasury, Investment Operations and Product teams with which there are mutual dependencies for delivery; ensure that such dependencies are appropriately managed.
- Collaborate with the project and programme sponsors to ensure business impacts are understood and the business takes responsibility for its own tasks and deliverables required as part of successful project and programme delivery. Educate business counterparts as required to ensure that sponsors and stakeholders know and execute what is expected of them.
- Maintains compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Recognised project or programme management qualification (PRINCE 2 Practitioner, PMP).
- Solid understanding of the Investment Operation, Transfer Agency and Custody business functions being supported and the interrelationships of the associated bank departments, applications and process flows.
- Proven ability in successfully designing and implementing fund accounting solutions to meet complex business requirements.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills; must be capable of producing clear, unambiguous status reports and interacting positively with senior business management, department heads and vendors.
- Detailed knowledge and managerial experience in the fund administration business and securities services business.
- Ability to understand and use complex systems and take a logical and constructive approach to investigating, communicating and resolving accounting and system problems and challenges that arise within projects.
- Experience of building and maintaining excellent relationships when dealing directly with external clients and third parties.
- Track record for successfully completing business change projects for fund administration platforms
- Ability to build strong relationships with other functions and business units and to interface and influence senior managers in the organization.
- Ability to plan and organise workload when working to tight deadlines and maintain a clear head when faced with multiple conflicting priorities.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Fund Accounting
- Fund Administration
- Internal Control
- Product Development