Manager Business Planning and Analysis - Global Finance
Location: Asia Pacific-Hong Kong-Hong Kong Island-Central
Lead the articulation of the Asia Pacific Retail Banking and Wealth Management results, from both a financial and market position basis.
Identify and report on opportunities and weaknesses emerging from actual and relative performance.
Assess all aspects of performance, including implication for JAWS, CE ratios and RoRWA.
Provide financial analysis for Exco, Board and other committee, where appropriate.
Insightful analysis and commentaries for stakeholders, including helping to shape the external reporting storey.
Provide key highlights, suggest opportunities and raise concerns for senior management.
Work efficiently and effectively, providing reasoned and pragmatic answers within the time constraints which we have to respond.
Work flexibly to meet the emerging stakeholder needs.
Take the lead on emerging areas of management focus, including ROTE, IFRS and BCBS as examples.
Continuously seek opportunities to optimize the working relationship with offshoring team, offshoring more and more tasks and providing ongoing training to allow offshoring team to up skill.
Forge strong and effective relationships across Finance, Risk and with key business partners in order to establish effective and productive working relationships.
- University level degree in a finance or a related discipline.
- Proven track record in finance business support with practical experience and knowledge of the Retail Banking and Wealth Management businesses.
- Able to work under time pressure in meeting very tight deadlines.
- Pragmatic and flexible mindset to identify optimal solutions to ad hoc challenges.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of stakeholders.
- Strong retail business understanding in order to identify and deliver opportunities to support the business.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Wealth Management