- Customer Service
- Talent Management
Head of Procurement, International Markets, Asia Pacific - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Location: Asia Pacific-Hong Kong-Kowloon-Tai Kok Tsui
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and
discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to
the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities,
support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Procurement, International Markets, Asia Pacific.
The Head of Procurement International Markets (HoPIM) will direct and lead regional country teams of sourcing professionals to execute sourcing projects allocated to the countries by Procurement Operations. These projects, which may be global or local, will deliver competitive advantage for the HSBC business through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation. Countries include: Australia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Mauritius, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
The projects will be delivered in accordance with the Category and Commodity plans and will leverage the full range of supply and demand-side levers. Deep sourcing knowledge will be applied in the execution of these plans across all category areas whilst ensuring the risks associated with the purchase of goods and services are mitigated commercially, contractually and operationally.
The HOPIM will develop influential senior regional relationships and will co-ordinate the business's strategic approach to maintaining and leveraging value in their operational accountability for supplier relationships. It is expected that post contact value opportunities will be identified and delivered through working with business supplier managers and the supply base.
The role demands excellent relationship development and management skills to operate effectively with Heads of Procurement and business partner executives at a local and regional level to ensure alignment with respective goals and strategic objectives.
This is a leadership role with the expectation of delivery through a team of SMEs, strong performance and talent management.
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives.
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Very strong knowledge of Global Procurement – functionally, operationally and financially.
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across the group.
- Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments.
- Successful experience developing and retaining critical talent and building an effective team.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group.
- Ability to leverage resources available to achieve Procurement and business / function goals.
- Ability to make critical decisions and prioritise based on Procurement and business / function goals
- Outstanding organizational, time management and planning skills in order to cope with multiple large-scale responsibilities.
- Significant experience of working in Procurement, ideally within a large, global, blue chip organisation.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. HSBCYHO