- Corporate Communications
- Press Releases
Media Relations Executive
[Ref. No.: 3/18EX/MR-Exhs/HKTDC]
The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), the statutory organisation promoting Hong Kong’s external trade, seeks dynamic, high-caliber and experienced professionals to join our Exhibitions Department. To strengthen Hong Kong's role as Asia's international business platform, we organise more than 30 world-class international trade fairs in Hong Kong each year. These fairs, which cover various industries and sectors, create opportunities for companies to promote their products or services to buyers from all over the world.
- To foster close working relationship with journalists/editors of international trade and local mass media
- To prepare and distribute press releases/local supplements on HKTDC fairs, monitor media coverage and handle press enquiries
- To establish and maintain working relationships with promotion partners and organise joint promotion activities with them
- To arrange local press conference for senior management, including venue setup and drafting talknotes
- To arrange press interviews for senior management and draft answers
- To develop and maintain the database of trade and mass publications, magazines and journals related to HKTDC fairs, both globally and locally
- To communicate closely with the worldwide trade and mass media in order to form an intelligence network of information on industry, overseas markets and competitive fairs
- To liaise closely with various departments of the Council in organizing local or overseas press conferences and events for the HKTDC fairs
To work with overseas offices on international media invitation and press information distribution
- A university degree, preferably in Journalism and/or Communications
- Excellent English and Chinese press release writing skill a must (short-listed candidates are required to do a written assessment as part of the selection process)
- Excellent command in both spoken and written English and Chinese. Fluent in Putonghua
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Multi-tasking, independent with good initiatives
Remuneration and Benefits:
The successful candidate will be appointed on a fixed-term contract basis, renewable subject to operational needs. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to complete the application form on our website on or before 29 July 2016. Those who do not hear from us within EIGHT WEEKS after the closing date may assume their applications were unsuccessful.
All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used only for recruitment purposes. Applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Council. Their personal data will be destroyed six months after the selection is finalised.