- Asset Liability Management
- Financial Reporting
- Internal Control
- Project Management
- Tax Compliance
Manager, Finance & Accounts
[Ref. No.: 3/03MFA-F&A/HKTDC]
The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (“HKTDC”), the statutory organisation promoting Hong Kong’s external trade, seeks a dynamic and high caliber professional to join our Finance & Accounts Department.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Accounts (“HFA”), the job-holder will lead a team of accounting staff to assist HFA in formulating strategies and driving their implementation to meet the financial objectives of the HKTDC. Responsibilities include:
- handling full set of accounts, group consolidation and tax compliance of overseas operations; managing all month end closing activities to ensure accuracy, consistency and timely submission
- preparing and reviewing monthly reports – actual, budgets and forecasts, providing commentary on key variances and driving any actions required
- preparing statutory accounts in compliance with the disclosure requirements, accounting standards and local tax laws; supporting the year-end audit
- dealing with internal and external auditors and additional ad hoc assignments
- overseeing and coordinating timely cash flow forecast to optimise the cash and treasury management
- driving and coordinating new financial management system implementation
- formulating and implementing internal control policies and procedures, updating financial guidelines, issuing instructions on financial and accounting matters
- reviewing internal work processes and service levels to enhance cost efficiency and effectiveness of work flows
- handling financial and treasury management functions including asset and liability management, monitoring of investment performance and review of investment guidelines and compliance, maintenance of banking relations
- Degree holder or above in accounting, finance or related discipline
- Qualified accountant with qualifications from recognised accounting bodies e.g. HKICPA, or equivalent
- At least 10 years’ managerial experience with previous service in sizeable organisations; working experiences in public organisations will be an advantage
- A “hands on” leader and be responsible for all finance related matters including accounting management, financial reporting, project management, audit, tax, forecast, budget, treasury etc
- Familiar with Hong Kong and mainland accounting policies and regulations. Overseas experience an advantage
- A self motivator and team player to handle multiple projects within tight schedules and meet deadlines
- Well-organised with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Proficient in computer skills and sound knowledge of ERP system; exposure in financial management system implementation an advantage
Remuneration and Benefits:
The successful candidate will be offered a two-year contract with prospects for renewal upon expiry. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus an appropriate contract-end gratuity. Medical benefits and annual leave will be offered.
If you want to join our team, please complete the application form on our website at http://www.hktdc.com/careers.html on or before 29 June 2018. Those who do not hear from us within EIGHT WEEKS after the closing date may assume their applications were unsuccessful.
All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used only for recruitment purposes. Applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Council. Their personal data will be destroyed six months after the selection is finalised.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|
|Qualification||Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)|