You may also like
Ref. No.: 3/03ECO-RE/HKTDC
The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), the statutory organisation promoting Hong Kong’s external trade, seeks a resourceful and insightful professional to join our Research Department, which publishes research publications and timely newsletter on Hong Kong’s trade in goods and services with both developed and developing economies.
The appointee will be responsible for carrying out market and economic research on business opportunities for Hong Kong companies. He/she is expected to monitor market trends and development relating to specific markets and industries, including changes in their regulations and trade policies. This will involve both desk research and field work, and frequent contacts with official bodies and the business community in Hong Kong and overseas markets. Willingness and ability to undertake research trips to Mainland China and other emerging markets are prerequisites. Additionally, the appointee is expected to be able to present his/her findings effectively to the public.
- A good university degree in Economics or other relevant disciplines (training in statistics is an advantage)
- Preferably have a minimum of two years' relevant work experience
- Strong analytical skills and writing/presentation abilities in both English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Ability in transforming rigorous research findings into interesting and stimulating articles and reports for general business readers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of international trade and Hong Kong’s SME operations
Remuneration and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A competitive remuneration and benefits package, including annual leave, medical and dental benefits, will be offered.
If you want to join our team, please complete the application form on our website at http://www.hktdc.com/careers.html on or before 27 July 2018. Those who do not hear from us within EIGHT WEEKS after the closing date may assume their applications were unsuccessful.
All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used only for recruitment purposes. Applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Council. Their personal data will be destroyed six months after the selection is finalised.
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|