Major Gifts Manager
Location: Hong Kong
The Major Gifts Manager will work with the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) in building a successful major gift fundraising program for HKIS. Primary responsibilities include fundraising, business development and institutional events, including establishing, cultivating and stewarding relationships with donors and prospects.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Hospitality, Public Relations or related field;
- Minimum of three years of experience in the non-profit sector or a transferable field:
- Minimum of three years as a front-line fundraiser/client services representative preferred:
- Experience soliciting and closing gifts:
- Knowledge of local culture and base of established relationships with influential Hong Kong-based individuals and families, including prominent HKIS alumni;
- Solid sales or fundraising experience with direct involvement in soliciting corporate and individual support/partnerships; experience in using different solicitation methods to reach fundraising goal;
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin;
- Proven experience in building and maintaining effective relationships with corporate sponsors, donors, vendors, and volunteer groups; demonstrated ability to be diplomatic and responsive to competing demands and interests of volunteer committees while appropriately representing the school’s best interest;
- Demonstrated track record of planning major events; ability to be resourceful, flexible, and creative; ability to lead a staff team and volunteer committees to implement an event successfully;
- Ability to encourage and energize staff, professional peers, donors, community business leaders, government officials and other friends of the school for the purposes of school advancement;
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a multicultural environment;
- Disciplined self-starter who is results-oriented;
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team oriented environment both within the advancement team and school wide;
- Commitment to the principles behind education and a strong desire to associate with HKIS and champion its mission.
Interested candidates please forward your updated resume together with a cover letter and references to [email redacted, apply via Jobable]
For more information about the job and the school please visit our website: www.hkis.edu.hk
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Member, The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (MHKIS)