- Customer Service
- First Aid
- Microsoft Word
- Word Processing
Senior Control Centre Officer
- Monitor the building systems, E&M facilities and daily operation.
- Handle customer’s special requests and enquiries.
- In charge of the Control Centre and report abnormal cases to Managers.
- Conduct briefing and training; ensure smooth shift handover and efficient information communication.
- Lead regular drills to ensure all teammates familiar with the emergency handling procedures.
- Familiar with emergency and crisis handling procedures and give instructions to handle cases when necessary.
- Co-ordinate with various parties and teammates to handle the works especially emergency calls.
- Liaise with customers and stakeholders to ensure smooth service delivery.
- Prepare operation material to coach new teammates & prepare reports and miscellaneous records.
- Carry out duties as assigned by the direct supervisor and management deems appropriate.
- HKCEE / HKDSEE and above with at least 5-year customer services experience or control centre preferred
- Basic PC knowledge including Word Processing
- Knowledge in first-aid is an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills especially with elderly
- Mature, service-oriented and attentive to details
- Good sense of urgency
- Good manner
- Possess valid Security Personnel Permit
- Work on shift duty is required
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to suitable candidates. To apply, please send your application with full resume and reference quoted to Human Resources Manager by fax: 2882 4466 or through online application: http://www.hkhs.com/online.recruit
Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
You are welcome to visit our website www.hkhs.com to learn more about us.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Housing Society's personal data policies which is available in our website and obtainable upon request. Applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Housing Society and all personal data of unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed within 6 months upon completion of the relevant recruitment exercises.