- Database Administration
- Microsoft SQL Server
Location: Hong Kong
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the web infrastructure;
- Discuss and resolve any issues with local hosting company;
- Manage content distribution networks (CDNs);
- Monitor and mitigate problems arising from malicious web traffic (e.g. screen scrapers);
- Ensure readiness of all relevant systems for peak traffic periods;
- Standby during peak traffic periods which may be outside of normal office hours;
- Make database content available to relevant third parties (ad hoc and ongoing);
- Prepare ad hoc reports using ODS/SQL.
- Degree educated or above;
- Minimum 3 years' experiences in a similar level role, preferably within an ecommerce environment;
- Experience in maintaining and supporting mission critical 24x7 websites;
- Skilled in Wintel and Linux infrastructure operations as well as MS SQL and MySQL database management.
- A passion for problem solving;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Enjoys working as part of a commercial team rather than in an IT department;
- Available to fix critical problems outside of normal office hours.