- Adobe Air
General Manager, Training & Administration
Location: Hong Kong
Role and responsibilities:
- Maintain the Training Manual (OM-D) such that it reflects the latest company training instructions, syllabi and lists of training personnel;
- Liaise with the HKCAD on pilot training matters;
- Implement systems, procedures, and documentation for all pilot training and review their effectiveness;
- Ensure that initial, recurrent, command and TC training and periodic checks are carried out to HKCAD and HK Express requirements;
- Ensure that training records and Certificates of Test are correctly signed and maintained;
- Arrange for the use and approval of flight simulators and other training devices as required and within approved budget limits;
- Ensure that training staff are adequately trained and qualified for their assigned task and monitor their subsequent performance in the role;
- Counsel pilots as required ensuring that they are aware of any shortcomings in flying standards or SOPs, and recommend corrective action;
- Assist the DO in preparing training budgets;
- Liaise with outside agencies and training partners;
- Monitor technical standards of flight simulators;
- Maintain own competence in the role of line Captain;
- Maintain own competence in the role of Training Captain and Authorized Examiner;
- Overall lead on cockpit crew planning, recruitment, and selection of candidates;
- Supervision of crew planning and scheduling;
- Chair Upgrade Committee and make recommendations to the DO for the appointment of new training staff taking into consideration their professional competence on line, and personal qualities;
- Chairs Promotion Committee.
- Lead FOP Administration team to ensure all administration issues related to cockpit crew (medical check, work visa currency, uniforms, etc. are handled according to HKCAD regulations and HKSAR requirements;
- Manage cockpit crew annual leave balance and approve all types of crew leave;
- Together with T&I ensure all cockpit crew work visa issues are compliant with HKCAD and HKSAR law and ensure crew visas are compliant for all network jurisdictions.
- Attend Safety Action Group meetings. Member of Flight Operations Management Meetings, at which Flight Operations policy, Voyage Report responses, Crew Confidential Reports, Air Safety Reports and Mandatory Occurrence Reports are reviewed;
- Deputize for DO on a rotational basis with GMF;
- May be required to fly line flights as a Captain on a limited basis;
- Work with QSS team to ensure Just Culture process is fairly and efficiently employed as the Company discipline process as it relates to cockpit crews.
- At least 8 years' relevant work experience including 5 years in managerial level. Appropriate management and flying training experience;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements and familiar with aviation safety management system and quality systems;
- A valid flight crew license is preferable. Relevant to operations to be conducted under the AOC, preferably be a Type Rating / Instrument Rating Examiner on a type operated under the AOC;
- Qualification and experience acceptable to the HKCAD.
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Computer literate.