General Manager, Innovation
Location: Hong Kong
Role and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a cost effective company IT strategy that utilises best practice LCC technology tailored as necessary to local markets;
- Develop, deploy and maintain the overall Telecommunications, Servers, Business Systems and office infrastructure for start-up low cost airline;
- Co-ordinate the selection and implementation of functional department IT solutions, ensuring cost effectiveness, appropriate capability and seamless integration with other company systems.
Executive and Technical duties
- Accountable for the permanent monitoring, reliability, security and all time availability of all corporate systems and telecommunication;
- Manage an evolving and flexible IT strategy to cope with an ever changing environment;
- Define and ensure achievement of company IT standards and performance;
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with internal users; ensure adequate provision of IT services including helpdesk and support;
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with external parties/ providers: hardware, software, and service providers. Promote use of Service Level Agreements where ever possible ;
- Proactively identify, understand and promote internally best IT and business systems practices within the airline business and more specifically the low cost environment.
- Manage and be accountable for the IT department budget and costs.
- Manage the head count, recruiting and deploying resources as required;
- Manage and oversee team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance appraisals;
- Ensure the team has the skills and competencies required;
- Champion low cost ethos and way of working.
- Degree holder or above;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Demonstrate a successful track record in a senior IT management role;
- Experienced in delivering against challenging growth targets in a start-up, expanding, dynamic environment;
- Demonstrable experience of cost focus and control with maximization of value for money delivery;
- Up to date in the latest trends driving consumer and corporate IT policies and decisions;
- Previous experience in travel/hospitality sector is a plus.
- High energy, autonomous, results driven and dependable;
- A team player with strong analytical and people skills, highly motivated by success but a team player;
- Excellent communication skills with experience of working with people at all levels, rewarding results achievement and tackling error repetitions;
- Willingness to travel, capable of working outside regular business hours.