You may also like
Research Fellow / Postdoctoral Fellow (2 posts) in the Centre for Chinese and Comparative Law
City University of Hong Kong
- Corporate Law
Senior Officer, Brand Marketing
ACCOUNTS CLERK / Senior Accounting Asst – legal firm / Central District / 5 days work
- Accounts Payable
HVAC / AIR CONDITION Service Engineer - E&M / air condition / HVAC / building service engineering
- Adobe Air
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR / SHIPPING CLERK - US mfg / trading / electronic component/5 days
- Inventory Management
- Data Analysis
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
Knowledge Transfer Officer (Editorial)
KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER OFFICE
The Knowledge Transfer Office (KTO) serves as the bridge between the University and the community for the transfer of knowledge, technology, expertise, skills and capabilities in campus-wide disciplines. The office actively protects and commercialises intellectual property rights (IPR) developed at the University, runs the Business Entrepreneurship Support & Training programme, and supports knowledge transfer activities undertaken by Faculties and Departments in the University.
Research Assessment Exercise 2020 (RAE2020) is the first UGC assessment exercise to appraise both research quality and research impact beyond academia. For the latter, impact case studies describing specific examples of research impacts, including qualitative and quantitative effects or benefits made to the economy, society, culture, public policy or services, health, the environment, or quality of life, will be submitted and evaluated. Clear and concise articulation on the respective impacts is fundamental in a good impact case study. In addition, good narrative structure, with compelling and clear logic showing how the researches led to the impact claimed, is crucial. In short, robust analytic and writing skill is essential in presenting strong impact case studies.
The Office now invites applications for the position of Knowledge Transfer Officer (Editorial). The appointee will be important in helping HKBU faculties develop strong impact case studies. He/She will undertake a systematic evaluation and assessment of the research impact results of RAE2020, assist KTO to pro-actively foster partnership between HKBU and the commercial and industrial sectors, and support our staff in knowledge transfer (STEM and non-STEM), both locally and in the Greater Bay Area (GBA). Apart from impact case studies, he/she will write research impact articles for the general public, in particular, he/she will be responsible for preparing a new research impact publication, which will be published online and offline bi-annually.
- Construct impact case studies in narrative format with compelling and clear logic;
- Undertake a systematic evaluation and assessment of the research impact results of RAE2020, and provide suggestion on effective impact evidence collection;
- Write articles for promoting HKBU researches to the general public;
- Manage knowledge transfer and research impact projects; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A good Bachelor's degree preferably in Journalism, Communication, Translation, Marketing, Public Relations or related disciplines;
- At least five years of work experience in writing, communication, journalism, public relations or marketing fields;
- Excellent writing, translation and editorial skills in both English and Chinese;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Robust information analytic skills and competent in using computer tools for data analysis and presentation, e.g. Excel and PowerPoint;
- Appreciate the value and benefit of research to the society; and
- Creative in using new methods or tools to improve work efficiency, flexible and adaptive to new tasks.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Applicants not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 13 April 2019
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|