- Contract Negotiation
- Corporate Communications
- Technical Support
- Travel Arrangements
Assistant Manager, Performance Engineering
- Responsibility to oversee and direct all projects and daily tasks regarding aircraft performance and operational efficiency
- Manage and direct technical staff on projects relating to aircraft flight technical and safety issues, operational policies and operational inefficiencies and to manage the section's daily activities to achieve quality service and efficiency.
- Conduct technical assessments on the aerodynamic, propulsive and weight inefficiencies of aircraft to ensure that comparisons of their commercial capabilities and operating costs are as comprehensive and accurate as possible.
- Manage aircraft performance studies to ensure the information provided is accurate, timely and complies with regulatory requirements.
- Develop and standardize means for monitoring long haul fuel usage to promote efficiency and contingency fuel reductions
- Manage fuel tankering policy to optimize the payload and operational cost
- Identify, evaluate and recommend (in-house and to manufacturers) optional features/modifications for aircraft that will maximize the Company's commercial profitability and aircraft deployment flexibility.
- Formulate and negotiate performance guarantees and engine SFC guarantees during aircraft acquisition. Interact with Aircraft Purchase and Engineering Procurement to ensure the guarantee terms are acceptable.
- Oversee operational and commercial assessments on new routings under development and to recommend alternatives to the appropriate industry organizations so as to enhance and protect the long-term interest of the Company.
- Assess future aircraft under study and to provide technical support to Aircraft Purchase Department in aircraft and power plant evaluations, acquisitions/sale/ lease-out activities. To participate in contract negotiation processes whenever necessary.
- Ensure Performance Engineering tools are updated and working properly.
- Liase with EFB administrator regarding performance related functions
- Advise on aircraft performance and operations engineering related technical questions to technical crew, operational staff and management and to lecture in performance courses.
- Maintain contact with aircraft and engine manufacturers on aircraft performance developments and to monitor changes in the aviation industry, particularly with respect to aircraft development and new routings. To ensure the Company is aware of the latest technology in the industry and to identify developments that may provide potential benefits to the Company.
- Approve aircraft performance information for operational use, and signing of Certificate of Conformance under the HKCAD Design Approval Signatory Authorization, and to liaise with CAD on aircraft performance
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in performance engineering,operationsengineering, flight dispatch and/or operational control (with at least 3 years in performance engineering / operations engineering);
- At least graduate of Aeronautical Engineering, any Engineering courses such as Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, and or any related Aviation courses;
- Experience in induction of crew management communications, safety management system and operations control systems preferred;
- Previous experience with ICAO and/or HKCAD regulations desirable
- Good command of spoken and written English is required, testing of the English standard will be made via academic qualification (minimum Grade “E” in HKCEE / Grade “3” in HKDSE or in equivalent examination)
We offer an attractive employment package including free travel privilege* and staff training & development to successful candidates. For interested parties, please send your full resume with availability, current and expected salary to Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Airlines Limited by e-mail email@example.com (with position applying for and reference number quoted in the subject).
Please download and bring along the completed Employment Application Form after interview appointment has been made.
To understand more of our company and other vacancies, please visit our website at http://www.hkairlines.com.
Free Travel Privilege
- Employee and his/her family & friends (for single employee) will be benefit from the free and the lowest fare travel arrangement
- All destinations flown by HK Airlines and its partners
- Free tickets, maximum 10-round trip per year
- 2 more round trip free tickets will be granted to the employee who has completed 5-year of continuous service
Hong Kong Airlines is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only.
Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months.
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to ascertain whether we hold your personal data, and if we do, to request for a copy of the data and/or to request the correction of any of the data that is inaccurate. Requests for access to and/or correction of your personal data relating to your application should be sent to us via postal mail at the following address:
Hong Kong Airlines Limited
Human Resources & Administration Department
11/F, One Citygate, 20 Tat Tung Road,
Tung Chung, Lantau, Hong Kong
We may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request