Head of Section (Hangar Support)
Scope of Duties:
- To manage and develop the department and its staff to meet the company and customers’ needs and expectation;
- Report to senior of daily maintenance operation and special activities. Notify him/her about any foresee maintenance difficulty;
- Assist senior to any assigned projects for preparation, analysis and written report.
- Oversee subordinate to liaise with aircraft manufacturers, vendors and customers to resolve technical issues. Identify and provide solution to technical and non-technical problems during aircraft hangar input, and prepare rectification proposal to customer, OEM and vendor;
- Provide evaluation and design of aircraft structural/interior damage repair during aircraft maintenance input ;
- Review Technical Data such as AD, SB and SL, and make recommendation to operator;
- Participate and oversee subordinate to inter-departments/customers communication to provide a smooth and on time aircraft maintenance schedule is maintained;
- Propose the modification/change on aircraft in the structure/interior disciplines and can complies with all relevant airworthiness and technical requirements;
- Monitoring aircrafts maintenance schedule and provide on time repair/solution to production/customers;
- Participate in cross-functional projects with departments/customers and prepare technical analysis/reports for presentation;
- Participate and oversee subordinate to aircraft acceptance and lease-return data review and preparation;
- Assisting production departments whenever required to or participate in a project and prepare technical reports to all aspects of maintenance related issues;
- Liaison with customer, Regulatory Authorities and Quality Assurance Department as and when necessary in connection with maintenance approval matters;
- Review of trade technical journals, airworthiness related data and regulations and to advise production departments on matters contained in such information which may have impact on current or future work;
- Able to work overtime independently or with colleague(s) for a period of time to accomplish a task.
- A tertiary education from a recognized university with major in mechanical, aeronautical or other relevant engineering disciplines;
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in aircraft maintenance major in structure/interior engineering. Experience in airline engineering or fleet technical management is an advantage;
- A comprehensive knowledge of Boeing and Airbus aircraft structure/drawing/material. Good understanding to SRM/IPC/CMM/AMM and relevant maintenance manuals is essential;
- Experience to lead a team of engineers to design and carry out primary structural repair is an advantage.
- Familiarise the operation of HAECO e-TAR and systems is essential;
- Familiarise HAECO documentation system such as EPM, GTI and ECHO system etc;
- Knowledge to the certification process of aircraft repair / modification.
- Knowledge in common computer softwares and programming concept. Familiar with technical drawing and AutoCAD is an advantage;
- Strong interpersonal skills and good team player. Ability/endurance to work under pressure with good decision making;
- Good relationship with internal customers and HAECO Base maintenance customers;
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English. Can speak fluent Mandarin is an advantage
Candidates not contacted 4-6 weeks after submission of applications and/or interviews may consider their application unsuccessful.
- Quality Assurance
- Technical Analysis
- Technical Drawing