- Business Development
- Product Management
APAC Sales Manager for Avionics
Avionics Sales Manager – South East Asia
This position reports to the Sr. Director, Global Avionics Sales for Airlines, within the Commercial Aviation strategic business unit and is responsible for winning business and driving growth for Honeywell’s portfolio of Selectables BFE/SSFE Avionics and complex Retrofits, Mods and Upgrades (RMUs) at Airline customers.
The successful Sr. Avionics Sales Manager will thoroughly understand the technical aspects and value proposition of Honeywell Selectable avionics and RMUs, the market and customer requirements, and the Honeywell sales and pursuit process. They will develop strong trusted relationships with decision makers and influencers at assigned customer base, including engineering, flight operations and procurement departments as well as senior leadership. Working closely with the Aftermarket Sales Managers, Product Sales Managers, Marketing and Product Management (M&PM) Leaders, Sales Operations and Pricing teams, the Avionics Sales Manager will develop winning pursuit plans and proposals, utilizing a thorough understanding of the market and customer needs.
Leadership and Responsibilities:
· Lead the sales pursuit process for Honeywell’s portfolio of Selectable avionics for new aircraft orders
· Provide support to the Aftermarket Sales Managers for complex RMU sales pursuits
· Deliver credible and persuasive technical and commercial presentations, customized to the audience and specific customer value requirements.
· Ability to understand customer needs and tailor value propositions to create a winning offering.
· Accurate and complete management of opportunities and pursuit plans within Salesforce and ability to multitask several pursuits at once.
· Maintain close cooperation with Product Sales Managers, the Sales Excellence Team and M&PM Leaders to develop and enhance sales collaterals, including presentations, sales bulletins and brochures, value propositions and calculators which articulate features into customer benefits and value.
· Manage and develop a sustainable sales pipeline capable of delivering to current and future year revenue targets.
· Develop and execute strategies to position Honeywell to win future business and overturn competitor incumbency where necessary, through relationship building, technology briefings, overcoming obstacles and developing a deep understanding of customer needs.
· Collaborate with Product Sales Managers and M&PM Product Leaders to convey customer requirements, market and competitor intelligence, and provide inputs on product roadmaps and new RMU ideation.
· Tenacious, self-starter: Results driven and highly motivated to seek out, cultivate and win new business, often in a highly competitive environment.
· Technical skills: Knowledge of avionics systems and flight operations with the ability to understand, identify and articulate specific value propositions.
· Develop and foster strong relationships: Establish credibility and trust through meeting commitments and exhibiting a social and affable demeanor with an ability to communicate effectively throughout various levels of an organization.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, creativity, and the ability to work with internal and external customers up to and including leadership levels across different regions and cultures.
· Travel: 40-50% of the time across APAC region
· Team Work: Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to enter established teams and work across multiple parts of the organization to build rapport and respect quickly.
· Business Acumen: Mature business and financial acumen with knowledge of constructing technical and commercial proposals.
· Negotiations: Can negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external stakeholders to win concessions without damaging relationships.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of significant accomplishments in Sales or Business Development in the Aerospace industry, preferably in a role that had relationships with airlines and commercial customers.
- Bachelors Degree or commensurate education in Business, Engineering, Aeronautics or technically related field
- Minimum five years sales or business development or related experience
- Customer facing experience with airlines an advantage
- Success in driving or supporting revenue growth and sales execution
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: To be based in the one of the following: Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan or Indonesia (South East Asian/APAC region)
Honeywell Company Info
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalisation and customer productivity
Honeywell Aerospace has nearly 40,000 employees around the world and 2013 revenue of approximately $12 billion. Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernisation, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions; Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space. For more information, please visit aerospace.honeywell.com/ or follow us @honeywell_Aero.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce
We are building a world that is safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive. For more information, please visit http://www.honeywell.com/ or follow us @HoneywellNow.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|