You may also like
Senior Digital Analytics Specialist
Hong Kong Express Airways
- Customer Service
Officer, Data Science, Consumer Banking Group and Wealth Management
- Apache Hadoop
Assistant Vice President, Cards, Data and Analytics
- Data Analysis
Planning and Analytics Associate
- Project Management
Senior Data Manager (Data Scientist)
Bank of China
Head of Data Analytics required for leading global insurance company
This role leads the Data Analytics Centre of Excellence, providing insight into leading analytic practices, design and lead iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of our core deliverables. It requires management of a team of data scientists based in several countries.
The role reports to the Head of Digital, Asia, and will work closely with key business and IT stakeholders across our regional businesses.
- Responsible for the research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge data analytic practices from diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Translate business problems into prospective analytical solutions, iteratively develop and test models. This includes designing and implementing automated reporting dashboards to track key business metrics and visualization of data, predictive modeling and machine learning modeling
- Work closely with the Enterprise Services Business Unit to produce enhanced data collection procedures to include processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis, as well as including additional information that is relevant for building analytic systems / models.
- Work with regional business units and cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas. Effectively communicate the value to the business of data analytics, particularly among senior management, and foster best practice and experience sharing.
- Provide expertise on statistical / mathematical concepts for the broader applied analytics team and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the entire breadth of the organization.
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
- Expert in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools.
- Accomplish in the use of statistical analysis environments such as R, Python, MATLAB, SPSS or SAS and experience with visualization tools such as Tableau and SAS VA.
- Ability and experience dealing with very granular data - preferably from a Hadoop data storage platform and SAS.
- 10+ years' experience of successfully working with analytics teams in variety of settings, including insurance and wider financial services.
- An advanced data science thinker, doer and expert who likes diving in to solve new problems and design/implement new platforms and solutions.
- Experience solving analytics problems using quantitative approaches and predictive modeling, with a marketing analytics focus
- Experience with data mining, machine learning and predictive analysis
- A business and technical leader who brings the ability to develop solid professional relationships and become a productive member of a wider team
- Proven high-level strategic, creative-thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to build teamwork and a healthy, respectful, yet driven culture
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships to influence change
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|