You may also like
Design Manager / Senior Design Engineer - Civil
China State Construction
Design Manager - Interior Design (94956)
- Adobe Photoshop
Design Director - Interior Design (94965)
Design Manager (Architecture & Interior Design) (94959)
- Adobe Photoshop
Design Manager - R&D, Product & Interior Design (94237)
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Quality Assurance
Sr Product Design Engineer - Sport Action/ NERF
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong, HK
The Hasbro Engineering team is seeking a creative, self-motivated, and innovative Senior Design Engineer to join our Sports Action / NERF Product Development Team. In this position you will be in the Hong Kong office and report directly to the design engineering manager in Rhode Island. You will be responsible for collaborating with the Rhode Island design engineering team, identifying new and maintaining existing relationships with development resources, and using those resources to expand the innovation and mechanical development of the entire NERF portfolio. A solid mechanical engineering foundation with an understanding of simple mechanical systems, along with effective communication skills, and out of the box problem solving skills are required to succeed in this role. You will work with the RI design engineering team on analyzing new concepts and will function as the engineering lead on evaluation from initial concept through proof of concept along with exploring innovative technologies and manufacturing methods and how to apply them to the NERF brands. You will partner with the Rhode Island team including design engineering, project engineer, design, and quality assurance to define project scope and performance needs. As part of a cross-functional team, you will be sought after for insights and technical expertise on cost effective solutions and technologies as well as contributing to the ideation and development of new groundbreaking expressions of the NERF brand.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the RI design engineering and design team on initial concepts and contribute new mechanical ideas and approaches.
- Develop new model shop resources in the Asia Pacific region specifically for NERF focused mechanical development and prototype creation.
- Seek and evaluate new manufacturing process and development partners in the Asia Pacific region with a focus on blaster and projectile development.
- Test, verify, and demonstrate that prototypes have met performance goals.
- Lead brainstorms with the cross-functional team in Hong Kong on new mechanisms and technology and how to apply them to new product extensions and brand expressions.
- Be proactive with identifying development needs.
- Provide cost focused solutions, Bill of Materials, and other materials for the team to use while evaluating cost value.
- Effectively communicate with Hasbro Rhode Island and other global and domestic development partners.
- Create and evaluate performance specifications.
- Anticipate, analyze, escalate, and resolve project issues.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent), Master’s Degree a plus.
- 8-12 years of experience working in the toy and/or consumer goods industry preferred.
- Solid understanding of CAD (SolidWorks preferred) to evaluate new product designs and develop functional prototypes.
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering principles.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing techniques and design for manufacturing.
- Prior working experience with international vendors is a plus.
- Ability to be innovative and inventive.
- Ability to interpret quality, safety, and regulatory standards and meet those requirements.
- Ability to assess, communicate, and mitigate technical risks.
- Ability to effectively communicate and translate technical information.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and influence cross-functional teams in the US and globally.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects and shifting prioritizes.
- Self-motivated with excellent communication and follow-up skills is a must.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|