- Product Development
Project Engineer - Centre of Excellence
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong, HK
- Develop toy prototypes for project development.
- Evaluate prototype costs and development timelines quoted by model makers and vendors
- Negotiate prototype costs and improve prototype timelines where applicable to meet project development requirements.
- Manage model makers to develop both development and duplication prototypes.
- Propose mechanical and electronic design solutions.
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary team members, global colleagues, inland or overseas vendors.
- Evaluate prototype development processes for continuous improvements.
- Propose innovative initiatives to reduce prototyping time.
- On-site review on prototypes for inland or overseas model makers and production vendors.
- Implement ad-hoc projects assigned by model management.
- BSc/BEng in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or higher
- 2-3 years of experience in toy industry
- Experience in prototype development is an advantage
- Regulatory and safety standards
- Tool building & manufacturing processes
- Deep knowledge in CAD/CAE (ZBrush, FreeForm, Pro/E, Solidworks)
- Hands-on experience in different rapid prototyping processes
- Model cost estimation
- Product development experience in featured productsPrevailing technology application knowledge
- Good command in written and oral English. Mandarin is an advantage
- Problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Excellent partnership and communication skills, ability to work in a fast-evolving environment
- Good Interpersonal skill and strong presentation skill
- Proactive working attitude
- Innovative, passionate, initiative and adaptive
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|