Technical Officer – Department of Computing
- to assist in developing and maintaining efficient and reliable computer systems in support of the Research Project.
- possess a relevant bachelors’ degree or above in IT, Computer Science or relevant discipline with at least 6 year of relevant experience;
- have relevant experience in most of the following areas:
- virtualization technologies: VMWare/MS HyperV, Fibre SAN;
- server administration: solid and hands-on Linux CentOS/Ubuntu experience, Linux host scripting skill, Apache/Nginx and MySQL/MariaDB administration;
- networking: familiar with LAN, DHCP, DNS, Firewall technologies;
- site preparation, network/server security and WAN setup;
- tender preparation and evaluation;
- preferred skills with innovative cloud and big data technologies: Hadoop, CloudStack, NoSQL, MapReduce (if not, opportunity will be provided to learn);
- have good experience in planning, security, project management and documentation;
- be mature, self-motivated, able to work independently and willing to work on shift;
- have excellent analytical and problem solving skills; and
- have a customer-oriented mindset with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the post of Assistant Technical Officer.
Appointees are expected to assume duty in January 2017. Applicants should send a full resume with expected salary via email to [email redacted, apply via Jobable] or by post to Human Resources Office, Hang Seng Management College, Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong on or before 23 October 2016. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Please indicate the post applied for and mark 'Application - Confidential' and the reference number on the cover. All information received will be treated in strict confidence. The data collected will be used for recruitment purposes. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
Hang Seng Management College is incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee.
- Apache CloudStack
- Apache Hadoop
- Apache Web Server
- Big Data
- Domain Name Server Protocol
- Project Management