- Application Development
- Inventory Management
- Microsoft Word
Library Assistant – Library
- Perform duties at service counters including answering general enquiries, checking in and out materials, following up on overdue items and collecting fines;
- Manage circulation-related issues, maintain collection stacks, handle library inventory and prepare statistical reports on library operations and usage;
- Assist in managing the course reserve collection and document delivery services;
- Prepare notices, posters, displays and training materials for library services promotion;
- Assist library users in the use of library services, equipment and facilities including use of self-check machine and printing services; and
- Participate in library-wide events such as library orientation, exhibition and etc.
- Possess a recognized university degree and certificate for library assistants or equivalent;
- Have experience in providing circulation and information services in an academic library;
- Have good command of written and spoken both English and Chinese;
- Have good organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to manage complex activities and monitor detailed work accurately;
- Have knowledge of Chinese and English word processing spreadsheets, office software applications, library management systems and website development;
- Be responsible with positive customer care attitudes and have the ability to work independently.
The appointee will be required to work shifts in evenings, on weekends and public holidays. Applicants with work experience in the tertiary education sector will be an advantage.
Applicants should send a full resume with expected salary via email to [email redacted, apply via Jobable] or by post to Human Resources Office, Hang Seng Management College, Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong on or before 10 October 2016. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Please indicate the post applied for and mark 'Application - Confidential' and the reference number on the cover. All information received will be treated in strict confidence. The data collected will be used for recruitment purposes. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
Hang Seng Management College is incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee.