Swimming Pool Trainee and Beach Trainee
Location: Appointments and Establishment Unit, Leisure Services Branch, 7/F., Leisure & Cultural Services Headquarters, 1 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, N.T., Hong Kong.
DutiesSwimming Pool Trainees mainly receive training in lifesaving and daily operation of the swimming pool while Beach Trainees mainly receive training in lifesaving and daily operation of the beach. Working Hours: The incumbent will be required to work 45 hours net per week, to work irregular hours, overtime and shifts (including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) and actual working hours will be arranged by supervisors.
Entry RequirementsApplicants should
(1) be aged between 16 and 24;
(2) have completed Form 3, or equivalent, which includes Chinese language and English language subjects;
(3) pass an eyesight test and the Ishihara’s Test for colour-blindness (An applicant’s visual acuity should be at least 6/60, i.e. myopia not exceeding roughly 300 degrees); and
(4) pass a swimming test by swimming 100 metres forward in any style without wearing swimming goggles. Applicants who can swim 100 metres in 2 minutes or less may be employed as Swimming Pool Trainees. For applicants who swim 100 metres in more than 2 minutes but not exceeding 2 minutes 30 seconds, they may be employed as Beach Trainees.
(1) Applicants will not be considered if they:
(a) possess or formerly possessed valid Pool Lifeguard Award or Beach Lifeguard Award or above issued by the Hong Kong Life Saving Society; or
(b) have once been Swimming Pool Trainees or Beach Trainees in LCSD, irrespective of whether they have completed their training or acquired any lifesaving qualifications.
(2) The aim of the Beach/ Swimming Pool Trainee Scheme is to improve employment rate of and to enhance employment opportunities of the unemployed youths. The age requirement (i.e. applicants should be aged between 16 and 24) is a basic entry requirement for the post of Beach/ Swimming Pool Trainee irrespective of the general provisions set out in paragraph (b) of the General Notes for Non-Civil Service Posts.)
Enquiry AddressAppointments and Establishment Unit, Leisure Services Branch, 7/F., Leisure & Cultural Services Headquarters, 1 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, N.T., Hong Kong.
Enquiry Telephone2601 8713
Salary$7,560 per month
Closing Date(dd/mm/yyyy)02/11/2016 23:59:00
- Pool Lifeguard Award