Seasonal Lifeguard (2019 Swimming Season)
Location: Appointments and Establishment Unit, Support Section, Leisure Services Branch, 7/F, Leisure and Cultural Services Headquarters, 1 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, New Territories, Hong Kong.
Duties(1) To ensure the safety of swimmers at swimming pools, beaches or water sports centres of this department;
(2) To rescue swimmers in distress;
(3) To maintain order; and
(4) To assist in cleaning work.
Entry Requirements(1) possess a valid Pool Lifeguard Award or Beach Lifeguard Award or above issued by the Hong Kong Life Saving Society (Note: Candidates who possess a valid Pool Lifeguard Award only will be deployed to work at swimming pools of this department only while those possessing a valid Beach Lifeguard Award only will be deployed to work at beaches or water sports centres of this department.);
(2) preferably possess a valid First Aid Certificate issued by the St. John Ambulance Association, Hong Kong Red Cross or Auxiliary Medical Service (Note : Seasonal Lifeguards who possess a valid First Aid Certificate issued by the St. John Ambulance Association, Hong Kong Red Cross or Auxiliary Medical Service throughout the whole contract period as determined by this department (on a single contract basis) may be granted an additional amount of HK$300 per month as part of his/her salary during the whole contract period as determined by this department. To be eligible for additional pay as specified above, selected candidates who are offered an appointment as Seasonal Lifeguards must present a true copy of valid First Aid Certificate, prior to their signing of a contract with the department, and that the remaining valid period (calculated from the effective day of the contract) of that First Aid Certificate must be longer than or equivalent to the designated contract period as prescribed by the department;
(3) attain a level of proficiency in Chinese and English languages equivalent to Primary 6 standard;
(4) pass the swimming and trade tests; and
(5) pass an eyesight test and the Ishihara's Test. (An applicant's visual acuity should be at least 6/60, i.e. myopia not exceeding roughly 300 degrees. Wearing of plastic corrective lens and goggles with appropriate prescription while on duty is mandatory unless candidates have unaided good eyesight for lifesaving duties.)
[Note: Candidates without supporting documents of the Chinese and English languages proficiency of (3) above may also apply. There will be assessments of Chinese and English languages proficiency during the interview.]
Enquiry AddressAppointments and Establishment Unit, Support Section, Leisure Services Branch, 7/F, Leisure and Cultural Services Headquarters, 1 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, New Territories, Hong Kong.
Enquiry Telephone2601 8050 or 2601 8040
SalarySalary : HK$17,345 per month(Swimming Pools/Water Sports Centre)
Salary : HK$18,045 per month(Beaches in Tsuen Wan and Tuen Mun Districts)
Salary : HK$18,345 per month(Beaches in Islands, Sai Kung and Southern Districts)
Closing Date(dd/mm/yyyy)13/12/2018 23:59:00
|Qualification||Pool Lifeguard Award|