Contract Judiciary Security Officer
Location: Corporate Services Division, the Judiciary, Room LG 212, LG2/F, High Court Building, 38 Queensway, Hong Kong
Duties1. To assist in formulating and implementing policies, plans and guidelines relating to security matters in court buildings;
2. To advise and render assistance to venue managers on security measures and crowd control arrangements in court buildings;
3. To coordinate and review regularly the deployment of security guards in court buildings;
4. To devise an overall training strategy and arrange / conduct security training programmes for Judiciary staff and security guards;
5. To assist in maintaining liaison with the law enforcement agencies and other Government Departments as appropriate on court security matters; and
6. To perform any other security related duties assigned by the seniors.
The appointee may be required to work irregular hours to deal with operational matters and emergencies.
Entry RequirementsApplicants should have –
(a) good general education, preferably a bachelor’s degree from a university in Hong Kong, or equivalent;
(b) good command of the English and Chinese languages, with Level 2 Note results or above in both English Language and Chinese Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent;
(c) at least 15 years’ working experience in the Inspector / Officer grade of a disciplined force in Hong Kong, preferably the Hong Kong Police Force, or at least 15 years’ managerial level experience in building management and security-related fields;
(d) substantial experience in formulating and executing security plans, crowd control operations, and training strategies / programmes for security personnel;
(e) strong analytical, communication and supervisory skills; and
(f) proven ability in working independently and under pressure.
Applicants may be invited to attend a written test.