You may also like
- Asset Allocation
- Business Strategy
- Capital Markets
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Transaction Advisory Services - Corporate Finance Strategy, FinTech - Manager / Senior Manager
Location: CN-Hong Kong
Our Financial Services - Transaction Advisory Services group is seeking to recruit experienced professionals into our developing Corporate Finance Strategy practice. Joining us will provide individuals with fantastic opportunities to build on their current transaction and commercial experience, and work on a number of diverse and demanding projects as part of a growing practice area.
We continue to invest heavily in growing our geographical footprint as well as our account coverage and execution capability, as well as developing new areas of capability.
Increasing globalization of our Financial Services business means that we work closely with colleagues in both Asia-Pacific and the Americas in respect of serving our largest global accounts as well as delivering cross-border engagements. Our clients including leading global companies across the Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets and Asset Management industries as well as private equity, central banks and Governments. Our assignments are typically complex, integrated projects that frequently involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisers.
To leverage our already strong credentials, and to strengthen our ability to provide front-end strategic advice to our clients, we are building a dedicated Financial Services commercial diligence and strategy capability to complement our financial and operational diligence, M&A, valuations and business modelling services.
You will be a core member of EY’s dedicated, responsible for originating and pursuing opportunities with new and existing clients – with a particular focus on the retail banking and payment sectors. You need to be passionate about driving innovation in the financial services industry, as well as already actively involved in the broader digital finance or fintech ecosystem. You will have experience in building or scaling financial technology start-ups, digital banking or corporate strategy consulting, or driving innovation at a top-tier financial services provider. Roles are available in Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Beijing. Local language skills are required.
Desired Skills and Experience
Your key responsibilities
- Originate and drive client opportunities relating to innovation in financial services – with a particular focus on digital banking, payments innovation, and platform economics
- Work with multi-functional teams across EY – with a particular focus on Corporate Finance Strategy and Technology Advisory
- Build trusted relationships with FinTechs, incumbent Financial Services firms, and other industry participants
- Act as subject matter expert, developing thought leadership solutions and industry content that differentiates EY from competitors
- Drive specific FinTech initiatives both internally and externally – with a particular focus on payments innovation, digital banking, and fintech partnership models
- Liaise with EY EMEIA and EY Americas’ FinTech teams about current trends and activity across markets in order to ensure a global perspective
Skills and attributes for success
- Proactive and entrepreneurial: demonstrable experience in identifying, nurturing and executing new ideas
- Ability to operate successfully in, and bridge the divide between, start-up and corporate business environments
- Skilled communicator, capable of presenting complex or novel ideas to non-technical audiences; experience in presentation design is desirable
- Strong research and critical thinking / analytical skills
- Passion for and knowledge of FinTech trends and activity
To qualify for the role you must have
Minimum of three years (Senior Associate) to seven years (Senior Manager) experience in building or scaling a FinTech start-up, in financial services advisory for a top-tier strategy consulting firm, or on the innovation / corporate development side of a top-tier financial institution
- Local language skills – with fluency in English as well as Mandarin / Cantonese
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the payments sector – whether via card schemes, banking, or non-traditional players
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. As an effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performanceWe are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply Now
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|