Tax - Business Tax Services - Staff Accountant
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
Our business tax services help clients succeed by assisting them with the strategic and operational challenges facing their tax functions, analyzing tax opportunities and benefits that can be attained by them, assisting clients in identifying and managing strategic opportunities and risks that relate to significant prospective planning, and providing tax-related domestic and cross-border planning and compliance assistance to business-connected individuals and their associated entities. Be part of a global team that helps build sustainable tax strategies; assesses, improves and monitors tax functions’ processes, controls and risk management; and supports clients in managing effective relationships with tax authorities.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
- Prepare, with guidance, technically accurate reports and deliverables related to corporate tax
- Assist in file documentation and retention (file set-up, referencing, description of tax filing position taken, telephone conversation documentation, notes to reviewer, etc.)
- Perform basic research using appropriate tools, including legislation, databases and publications with guidance
- Communicate with the client for basic information requests as well as the relevant authorities, whenever the need arises
- Build strong internal relationships within Business Tax and across other service lines
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- University graduates with a minimum of 1 year of experience in Hong Kong corporate tax in a sizable public accounting firm
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one
- General knowledge of tax laws with specialized knowledge in one or more technical areas
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to interact effectively with both management and clients
- A commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, Cantonese. Mandarin is an advantage
Who we are
EY is one of the leading global professional services organizations with 212,000 people around the world. We are proud of our people culture which we believe sets us apart in the profession. EY helps you achieve your best by providing great learning and career growth opportunities, by offering ways to help you achieve satisfaction in work and life, and by looking at each decision with a keen eye toward how it will affect you.