- Risk Management
- Tax Compliance
- Tax Planning
Tax - Business Tax Advisory - Manager/ Senior Manager
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
Our business tax services help clients succeed by assisting them with the strategic and operational challenges facing their tax functions, analyzing tax opportunities and benefits that can be attained by them, assisting clients in identifying and managing strategic opportunities and risks that relate to significant prospective planning, and providing tax-related domestic and cross-border planning and compliance assistance to business-connected individuals and their associated entities. Be part of a global team that helps build sustainable tax strategies; assesses, improves and monitors tax functions’ processes, controls and risk management; and supports clients in managing effective relationships with tax authorities.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
- Manage and coordinate tax compliance work for clients
- Develop budgets, determine resource requirements, and direct/monitor engagements
- Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure outstanding client service. Team with tax professionals to provide comprehensive tax services
- Determine all information required to ensure/complete accurate tax compliance products within the budget. Formulate a plan to gather/communicate information
- Oversee the issues management process and adapt to challenges in the compliance process. Ensure the acceptance of the product by appropriate parties
- Leverage technology to maximize productivity
- Lead and team with talented and innovative professionals dedicated to client service
- Participate in managing a compliance group by assisting with forecasting future compliance work, delegating work effectively, and resolving staffing issues
- Share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery. Facilitate open communication and supervise staff and peers
- Participate in recruiting efforts when necessary
- Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture that fosters development and a positive attitude
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- University graduates with a minimum of 5 years of experience for Manager
- A CPA, CTA, law license or other certification relevant to an area of specialization
- General knowledge of tax laws with specialized knowledge in one or more technical areas
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to interact effectively with both management and clients
- Excellent supervisory, analytical, organizational, and leadership ability
- Proven ability of managing complex and sizable assignments
- A commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Mandarin.
If you’re looking for a role that’ll challenge you, give you opportunities to grow and encourage you to own your career, this role is for you.
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and center, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
Ideally, you’ll also have
Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our services. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and hospitalization benefits, group life and personal accident insurance, annual leave and Mandatory Provident Fund and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, knowledge and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|