- Balance Sheets
- Bill Payment
- Corporate Taxation
- General Ledger
- Income Tax
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Tax Returns
Tax Advisor Manager
Location: CN-Hong Kong
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Role – Tax Advisor Manager
- Support the Global Internal Tax Group team on in-house tax advice on entity (corporate & partnership) and individual income tax matters provided to other EY member firms in the Asia Pacific area.
- Work closely with the Asia Pacific Cross Border Traveller Support (“CBTS”) Team on tax issues arising from cross border projects within Asia Pacific.
- Provision of corporate tax, VAT and withholding tax advice and planning in relation to cross-border projects.
- Provision of tax advice and planning in relation to withholding tax imposed throughout Asia Pacific on settlement of invoices for services provided.
- Assist with the review (on a scoped basis) of EY entity (not individual) tax returns prepared by local finance personnel prior to filing.
- Support the Greater China GITG Tax Director with internal tax and statutory matters in Greater China.
- Work with Area & Country Internal General Council and Finance to advise on tax impacts associated with engagement billing structures and practice acquisitions.
- Providing country based Tax and Finance personnel with tax audit support.
Academic & Technical Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Law / Commerce – Tax Law / Accounting & Tax majors.
- Professional certifications – CA /CPA / LLB & post graduate qualifications.
- Experience in Professional Practice in Tax Advisory function of a multinational corporate.
- At least 4-5 years of experience gained from the Business Tax Advisory / International Tax Service Lines.
- Experience with tax regimes in Greater China.
- Have a good tax technical background of the international tax concepts and tax rules in the Asia Pacific area.
- Reasonable understanding of basic accounting, including P&L and balance sheet review, general ledger and payroll processing.
- Good Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Creative with an inquiring mind.
- Ability to approach new issues and have a problem solving mind-set.
- Fluent in English (written & spoken).
- Mandarin is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Effective business written communication skills
- Confidence and ability to meet and discuss complex issues with EY Country / Area Management and senior Tax Partners.
- Ability to work with people across Asia Pacific whose first language is not English.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service while allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|