You may also like
Social Media & Content Manager , Listed Fintech Company $50k
Corporate Communications / Media Relations Manager $50K
Media Relations Manager (international media network) $50K
Media Relations Executive
Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC)
- Corporate Communications
Vice President for Global Trade Law Office – Asia Pacific
- Corporate Communications
- Press Releases
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management
- Social Media
- Stakeholder Management
Global Media Relations and Social Media Assistant Director, Asia Pacific
Location: CN-Hong Kong
The EY’s Global Media Relations and Social Media team is charged with promoting its brand, purpose, reputation and businesses around the world. The team works closely with EY’s global leadership across all its businesses and industry sectors.
The successful candidate for this newly created role will play a key role in raising EY’s global profile across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region via media relations and social media. The Hong Kong-based individual will form part of the Global Media Relations and Social Media team and work closely with APAC regional Media Relations and Brand/Marketing colleagues to support leaders, programs, reports and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience and skills across all of the elements of the PR mix, experience managing social media channels (including advising and supporting leaders with social media, creating social media content, commissioning social graphics and cards. The individual will also be a strong writer across a mix of materials (including press releases, messaging, op-eds, blogs, results reports, more). S/he should have the ability to manage stakeholders and work well within a globally dispersed across multiple time zones.
The media relations and social media professional is a dynamic self-starter and comfortable building relationships both in person and remotely. S/he also has the intellectual rigor to work with complex and, sometimes, technical subject matter to create compelling and headline-grabbing media stories that work across the world. The individual is also an experienced, organized, proactive, energetic, detail-oriented professional who enjoys a mix of strategic planning and practical execution.
The individual will build relationships with EY’s global PR network of media relations professionals across the Asia-Pacific region and enable them to support global programs, research and leadership as needed. S/he will also lend support to other EY Global or APAC regional media relations and social media professionals on major initiatives as needed (major reports, big events, etc.)
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Work as part of a team to promote Asia-Pacific leadership and other designated spokespeople with target media
- Execute and support EY global PR initiatives to target media.
- Prepare press release, pitches, reports, briefing documents and other materials for launches of global surveys, studies and campaigns; assist with the distribution of press releases and reports via the global media relations network
- Coordinate an Asia-Pacific network of experienced PR professionals including: sharing best practice; promoting EY leaders in local markets; exploring efficiencies for the group such as shared media monitoring and training across the Area.
- Contribute to an integrated global approach for all communication activity; PR, stakeholder relations and internal communication.
- Ensure effective tracking of media coverage
- Develop and manage relationships with key journalists, primarily focused on international media including; Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Bloomberg and FT
- Strong story telling skills and able to craft stories and pitch to targeted media and work collaboratively with communications colleagues on specific messaging and services promotions.
Knowledge, Competency and Skill Requirements:
- Experience in all aspects of media relations
- Experience working in effectively in a large, complex and matrixed corporate environments.
- Knowledge of financial services, private equity, real estate, taxation, risk management and advisory services desired
- Extensive knowledge of key international and/or pan Asia-Pacific media based in the region.
- An experienced writer of news releases, byline articles and blogs
- A self-starter with a “can do” attitude and the drive and enthusiasm to get the job done; demonstrate the potential to develop within the organization
- An understanding and experience of social media activity to support PR launches and leader profiles
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, as this role will involve daily interaction with countries around the globe
- Initiative, coupled with accuracy and attention to detail; demonstrate reliability
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently; excellent time management and organizational skills
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Hong Kong
- Global travel will be required pending business needs.
- An in-house or agency background and experience of working with corporate, financial or professional services organizations
- Experience managing high-profile events, ideally global events that involve a large number of countries
- Experience working with senior executives and managing individuals’ media profiles
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service while allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.