You may also like
Head of Tax
TAX DIRECTOR / SENIOR TAX MANAGER – HK listed global electronic mfg / smart energy / smart home / IoT products/5 days work
- Tax Planning
- Transfer Pricing
Financial Services Organization - Tax - Transaction Tax Services – Senior Manager/ Manager/ Senior
Location: CN-Hong Kong
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
Join our integrated global network of international tax professionals who help clients manage business tax responsibilities including managing global tax risks and meeting cross-border obligations. Our multidisciplinary teams cover everything from managing global operational changes and transactions, capitalization and repatriation issues, transfer pricing and the client’s supply chain — from forward planning, through reporting, to maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a member of staff within the international tax team, you'll demonstrate an understanding of tax concepts and effectively apply your tax knowledge to client situations. You’ll provide a wide range of tax services for many of the world's largest multinational corporations. You’ll help clients identify and address complex domestic and international tax issues and assists them in strategically aligning different areas of taxation.
- Provide a wide range of tax services for multinational banks and financial institutions in multiple jurisdictions. Identify and address complex domestic and international tax issues and assists them in strategically aligning different areas of taxation. Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business.
- Develop budgets, determine resource requirements, and direct / monitor engagements; proactively seek opportunities to provide tax services; challenge traditional procedures used in the past; and attempt to find new approaches.
- Develop and guide staff and other junior tax professionals by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations.
- Build strong internal relationships within the Financial Services tax team and across other services.
- Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery
To qualify, candidates must have:
- An undergraduate degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, taxation, economics, finance or law (an advanced degree in economics, law, tax or accounting is desirable).
- A minimum of 5 - 8 years of relevant tax advisory services gained from sizable public accounting firm or financial industry with at least 3 years at a managerial level leading clients engagements. Candidate with less experience will be considered as Manager
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Strong negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Fluent English (proficiency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese a plus)
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|