You may also like
Manager / Senior Manager / AD, Insurance Advisory & Consultancy
Consultant (Transaction Advice)
Ove Arup and Partners
- Due Diligence
- Feasibility Studies
- Capital Markets
- Financial Reporting
- Management Reporting
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Process Improvement
- US GAAP
Financial Services Assurance - Financial Accounting Advisory Services – Senior Accountant
Location: CN-Hong Kong
Assurance Business Service specialize in delivering high quality and efficient audit and advisory services to a portfolio of clients, understanding the enterprise-wide view of business risk and how this risk can be effectively managed. We use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to evaluate business processes and controls, and advanced technology in knowledge sharing.
Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) is a fast growing and developing group globally and in Hong Kong. It offers you a dynamic and continuously changing portfolio as we respond to, and foresee client needs on an ongoing basis.
We currently are seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career and leadership opportunity in our Assurance Financial Service Organization (FSO) group. Our talented and dedicated FSO professionals deliver audit solutions to many types of entities including funds, banks and insurance companies.
Within EY's Assurance service line, FAAS professionals provide:
- Accounting advisory services (including accounting and regulatory support; financial reporting and accounting advice; impact assessment, analysis and implementation of new accounting standards; assistance with GAAP and IFRS conversions)
- Services relating to accounting and financial reporting processes and controls support (including management reporting assistance; accounting policy manual preparation and update; process and controls design, implementation and diagnostics; process improvement)
· Assist clients to navigate through accounting changes (IFRS 9/16/15) by developing fit-to-purpose solutions and/or providing practical expedients;
· Provide technical accounting services as part of complex transactions (M&A, IPO, Carve outs, etc.) or implementation of new business strategies under IFRS, US GAAP and PRC GAAP;
· Support clients in the transformation of their finance, treasury and financial reporting functions through the review of governance structures, processes & controls in place and the identification of solutions and tools to introduce better practices and bring efficiencies;
· Advise clients to set-up, implement and monitor hedging strategies including designations, fair valuation, effectiveness of the hedging relationships and their related accounting entries (Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate and Commodities risk management); and
· Work in small teams (3-10 people) with exposure to C-Level executives.
- Strong academic background with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting (equivalent education and/or experience may also be considered)
- 3 years’ relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Deep understanding of capital markets and financial instruments
- English literate required / Mandarin literate is a plus
- Eager to learn and strive for excellence
- Ability to take initiatives with a team mindset
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|