EYC3 - Advisory - Performance Improvement, Financial Services - Data Scientist
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
About the role:
Our Advanced Analytics practice in Melbourne is looking for a talented, inquisitive and proactive Data Scientist to join our team.
You will be joining a growing team of data scientists and analytics experts working on some of the most exciting projects in the country. We don't just talk about big data and analytics, we bring it to life for our clients.
The advanced analytics practice works on the design, development and delivery of the most innovative solutions for our clients. You will be using various machine learning techniques such as Linear Regression, Random Forests, Neural Networks etc. to analyse multiple sources of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
Ideally you will have a background in Maths and/or Statistics, a good flare to present complex algorithms and concepts in a simple format and an understanding of the commercial value, the data provides the client.Qualifications, Education and Certification
To qualify, candidates must have:
Tertiary qualifications (a Masters or PhD degree) in a quantitative discipline, such as Statistics, Econometrics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Applied Science., or equivalent highly desired.
Applying computer-aided statistical modelling to solve business problems
- Machine learning, data mining and information retrieval.
- Extracting information from a wide variety of sources including quantitative, qualitative and big data sources
- At least one of the following modelling software packages: MATLAB, R, SAS, SPSS.
- At least one of the following scripting languages: C++, Java, Python.
- Data visualisation experience – Tableau / Qlikview / D3.js
- Demonstrating your ability to adapt quickly and manage an environment of rapid change and development, and lead others through this process
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
- C (Programming Language)
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- SAS (Statistical Software)
- Software Development