- Apache Cassandra
- Apache Hadoop
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
EYC3 - Advisory – Manager – Data Scientist / Analytics Specialist
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
EY Hong Kong is committed to expanding their footprint within the data and analytics space and EYC3 is a dedicated team that works across service lines and industries to provide expertise around all things data. EYC3 Hong Kong is like a start-up environment with the backing of one of the world’s most successful consulting organisations with an extensive network of clients and large scale data related projects.
About the role:
You will be joining a growing team of data focused consultants working on some of the most exciting projects in Hong Kong.
This team works on:
- Design, development and delivery of the most innovative solutions for our clients
- Using various machine learning techniques such as Linear Regression, Random Forests, Neural Networks etc.
- Analyse multiple sources of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Work closely with clients, data engineers, analysts and developers you will help bring the data to life and deliver real business value through data.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Bachelor Degree in Maths and/or Statistics
- Around 5+ years of experience in extracting data from various sources of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- A good flare to present complex algorithms and concepts in a simple format and an understanding of the commercial value, the data provides the client.
- Knowledge of Python, R, Hadoop, NOSQL or Teradata / Cassandra or similar
- Exposure to big data technologies such as Hive, Spark, Kafka or similar
- Awareness of applied statistics and machine learning methods.
- Experience using data visualisation tools such as Tableau etc
- Ability to work in an Agile project environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Opportunities to work on the latest technologies, tools and analytic software
- Enjoy the rare mix of management consulting and technical delivery
- Work on challenging projects that will enable you to use your talents to their full potential.
- A clear career and achievable career path.
- A chance to travel and work in other locations across the APAC region