Core Business Services - Legal - Paralegal
Location: CN-Hong Kong
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Legal team and you will help provide legal advice to mitigate our business risk as we achieve our commercial goals in a complex environment.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As Paralegal, you will support Legal Counsel within the General Counsel's Office (GCO) by performing a wide variety of work including legal research, document preparation and other necessary assistance.
- Perform legal research, utilizing a variety of legal resources, including online and subscription services
- Analyze current and proposed legislation and legal developments on matters important to EY and The EY network, including regulations of the accounting profession, liability of auditors and auditor independence
- Help review simple commercial contracts
- Help prepare internal documents
- Assist in handling Partner matters documentation
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements
- (i) Law degree, or (ii) Bachelor of Arts or Science degree and having completed one or more years of a law school program
- Two to three years of experience working as paralegal
- Proficiency in electronic legal research
- Familiar with the fundamentals of Hong Kong law and the Hong Kong legal system
- Strong legal writing ability, as well as strong verbal communication skills
- Familiar with legal analysis
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Strongly self-motivated, pro-active and independent
- Good organizational skills is a must
- Excellent command of English, knowledge of Mandarin is an advantage
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Legal Advice