You may also like
Head of Legal & Com Sec (Work Life balance, Chinese FMCG)1.5mil
Assistant Legal Counsel (Ref: ALC)
Legal Counsel, Global Luxury Group, APAC Operations
Shun Tak Holdings
Legal Counsel Vice President Investor Services-Hong Kong
JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Legal Advice
- Project Management
Core Business Services – Legal – Legal Counsel (Greater China)
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
The Greater China General Counsel’s office (GCO) is looking for a junior to mid-level Legal Counsel to join the Hong Kong team. The successful candidate will be working with other members of the legal team, to advise stakeholders on a broad range of commercial and corporate in-house issues, including M&A and employment matters. Good exposure to cross border issues and working with legal counsel from other EY member firms’ offices. This is a great opportunity for someone with a desire to acquire new skills looking to move from private practice to in-house.
- Help manage and review engagement contracts and other commercial agreements, including MSA/LCAs and IT licensing
- Provide timely and pro-active legal advice on a range of commercial issues, including data privacy, intellectual property, cross border issues
- Advise service lines on legal and regulatory risks associated with engagements.
- Work closely with Compliance team to ensure compliance with new laws and regulations
- Provide support on corporate transactions and acquisitions
- Oversee company secretarial matters
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- 3 to 5 years of Hong Kong post-qualification legal experience
- Strong legal skills, including drafting and analytical
- Strong project management skills with ability to execute multiple tasks with attention to details
- Understanding as to when issues need to be reported or escalated
- Flexible team player with growth mindset, solutions-oriented, problem solver
- Fluent in English and Chinese (including Mandarin)
- Some M&A experience is a must
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and center, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
Ideally, you’ll also have
Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our services. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and hospitalization benefits, group life and personal accident insurance, annual leave and Mandatory Provident Fund and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, knowledge and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|