Core Business Services – Brand, Marketing and Communications – Global Media Relations Associate Director
Location: CN-Hong Kong
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team and you will directly support and promote our brand and reputation. Through internal communications, public relations and corporate communications, you’ll provide a wide range of marketing and communications services to internal and external audiences. These include current and future clients, our current and future employees, alumni, regulators, the media and the communities within which we operate.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY’s Global Media Relations team is charged with promoting its brand, purpose, reputation and businesses around the world. The team works closely with EY’s global leadership across all its businesses and industry sectors.
The principal focus of this role is to help build the global media profile of EY across the Asia Pacific region in support of its reputational and business goals. As part of the Global Media Relations team, the role will work closely with EY’s Asia Pacific leadership to create and implement public relations (PR) plans, programs and materials to engage with the Asia Pacific regional and global media. The role works across all of EY’s service lines and sectors, as well as corporate matters related to the region. It also assists EY’s global network of media relations professionals across the Asia-Pacific region in engaging with the media in their respective countries.
The ideal candidate is a polished professional with the gravitas to advise senior clients, including executive level partners, on communications strategies and initiatives and coach on media techniques/initiatives. Additionally, the candidate has excellent storytelling and writing skills, and will ultimately be considered a valued extended team member of the regional team and will bring strong media contacts from regionally based business and finance reporters for international media. With long term goals in mind, associate director develops, executes and measures plans, messages and tactics that build toward these aims. The day-to-day contact with leadership and nature of this role require a candidate with extensive experience in an advisory capacity.
- Work as an advisor to EY’s Asia Pacific leadership
- Design and implement a pro-active public relations program to promote EY with the key global and cross-border media in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Work creatively in pitching stories to targeted media and work collaboratively with communications colleagues on specific messaging and services promotions.
- Promote Asia-Pacific leadership and other designated spokespeople with target media
- Effectively build and manage relationships with key journalists, primarily focused on international media including; Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Bloomberg and FT
- Execute and support EY global PR initiatives to target media. Work with the global PR team to promote EY global leaders, where appropriate.
- Prepare press release, pitches, reports, briefing documents and other materials for launches of global surveys, studies and campaigns; assist with the distribution of press releases and reports via the global media relations network
- Identify cross-border reputational risks and identify ways they can be mitigated, working closely with senior leadership and the global team in crisis and issues management
- Contribute to an integrated global approach for all communication activity; PR, stakeholder relations and internal communication.
- Coordinate an Asia-Pacific network of experienced PR professionals including: sharing best practice; promoting EY leaders in local markets; exploring efficiencies for the group such as shared media monitoring and training across the Area.
- Ensure effective tracking of media coverage
- Act as mentor and coach for team members.
- Form part of the senior leadership of the global PR team, supporting EY Global with its brand building and reputational goals.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor Degree holder, with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- An in-house or agency background and experience of working with corporate, financial or professional services organizations
- Experience managing high-profile events, ideally global events that involve a large number of countries
- Experience working with senior executives and managing individuals’ media profiles
- Significant experience in media relations at a senior level. Experience may have been gained in a consulting role; however candidates must demonstrate a proven capacity to operate effectively in a large, complex corporate environment.
- Knowledge of financial services, private equity, real estate, taxation, risk management and advisory services
- Experience in handling policy issues in Asia-Pacific businesses
- Extensive knowledge of key international and pan Asia-Pacific media based in the region.
- Experience in reputation management.
- An experienced writer of news releases, byline articles and blogs
- A self-starter with a “can do” attitude and the drive and enthusiasm to get the job done; demonstrate the potential to develop within the organization
- An understanding and experience of social media activity to support PR launches and leader profiles
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, as this role will involve daily interaction with countries around the globe
- Initiative, coupled with accuracy and attention to detail; demonstrate reliability
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently; excellent time management and organizational skills
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Corporate Communications
- Press Releases
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management