Assurance - Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services - Staff Accountant
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Our Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (FIDS) professionals assist clients to deal with complex issues related to fraud, forensic accounting, regulatory compliance and business disputes. As a FIDS Staff Accountant 2, you will technically contribute to client engagements and internal projects. As an experienced staff on the team, you will assist clients to conduct independent internal investigations and participate in forensic accounting matters to analyze complex financial transactions and accounting irregularities. Working under the supervision of seniors and managers, you will help execute our investigation and engagement work steps. With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you will escalate issues as appropriate.
- Work on engagement teams that assist in performing fraud investigations, forensic accounting engagements and financial and economic damages analyses.
- Review accounting records and financial transaction documentation, prepare working papers, participate in interviews and inform seniors and managers of the engagement status.
- Prepare analyses that will be part of the client deliverable.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and legal counsel.
- Stay informed on business/economic developments and their impact to the client.
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on the progress.
- Build strong internal relationships within the Assurance Services practice and across other services.
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting and retaining of FIDS professionals.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills.
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Strong academic record including a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Result-oriented with an attention to details.
- Creativeness and ability to think outside-the-box.
- Willingness to travel.
- Substantial knowledge of PC-based tools, including spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and databases (Microsoft Access).
- High performers (i.e., exceeding expectation ratings) and professional accountancy certifications preferred.
- Financial Statements
- Forensic Accounting
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel