Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services within Assurance and you will help clients work through complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes. You will be part of a multidisciplinary, culturally aligned team that works with clients and their legal advisors.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (FIDS) professionals assist clients to deal with complex issues related to fraud, forensic accounting, regulatory compliance and business disputes. As a FIDS Staff Accountant 2, you will technically contribute to client engagements and internal projects. As an experienced staff on the team, you will assist clients to conduct independent internal investigations and participate in forensic accounting matters to analyze complex financial transactions and accounting irregularities. Working under the supervision of seniors and managers, you will help execute our investigation and engagement work steps. With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you will escalate issues as appropriate.
- Work on engagement teams that assist in performing fraud investigations, forensic accounting engagements and financial and economic damages analyses.
- Review accounting records and financial transaction documentation, prepare working papers, participate in interviews and inform seniors and managers of the engagement status.
- Prepare analyses that will be part of the client deliverable.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and legal counsel.
- Stay informed on business/economic developments and their impact to the client.
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on the progress.
- Build strong internal relationships within the Assurance Services practice and across other services.
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting and retaining of FIDS professionals.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills.
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Strong academic record including a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Result-oriented with an attention to details.
- Creativeness and ability to think outside-the-box.
- Willingness to travel.
- Substantial knowledge of PC-based tools, including spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and databases (Microsoft Access).
- High performers (i.e., exceeding expectation ratings) and professional accountancy certifications preferred.