- External Audit
- Financial Statements
- Forensic Accounting
- Internal Control
- Risk Assessment
- Staff Management
Assurance - Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services - Senior Manager
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services within Assurance and you will help clients work through complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes. You will be part of a multidisciplinary, culturally aligned team that works with clients and their legal advisors.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (FIDS) professionals assist clients to deal with the complex issues of fraud, forensic accounting, regulatory compliance and business disputes. As a FIDS Senior Manager, you will build valuable relationships with clients and peers in order to develop a business portfolio of high-impact opportunities. As part of this team, you will draw from knowledge and experience of forensic accounting and fraud investigation to manage highly challenging and complex engagements. You will draft high-quality work products, manage staff, seniors and managers on engagements and serve as a subject matter resource in customizing services to meet client needs. You will prepare proposals, draft work plans, conduct interviews, review work papers and lead presentations to client senior management. An important part of your role will be actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships. You will communicate with engagement partners in working to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams and help key staff develop and maintain core competencies. As an executive member of the team, you will promote a positive learning culture through coaching and counseling staff, seniors and managers and helping them achieve their full potential.
- Collaborate on planning the engagement, manage engagement teams, review working papers and communicate significant issues and status updates to engagement partners and clients in a timely manner.
- Manage investigations involving financial crime like fraud, misconduct, fraudulent financial statement, money laundering, Anti-Bribery and Corruption violation and etc.
- Conduct fraud risk assessment and internal control analysis; produce professional reports for clients and/or internal/ external counsel.
- Stay informed on key industry and business trends, and emerging technical/industry developments.
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating directors and partners on the engagement progress.
- Build strong internal relationships and generate business opportunities.
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff, seniors and managers.
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff, seniors, managers.
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting and retaining FIDS professionals.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills.
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Education and Certification
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Bachelor's degree with accounting or relevant background in Accounting, Business or similar discipline with professional qualification like CPA, CFE or Juris Doctor.
- Substantial experience with a minimum of 8 years in financial crime investigations with law enforcement, regulatory agency or professional consulting background
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory framework of financial crime, investigations and litigations procedures, evidence preservation and chain of custody rules
- Experience with the Financial Service industry is preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; the ability to read and speak Mandarin is desirable
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Results-oriented with keen attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel.
- Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)